NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How much are Greys in your area?

Bear

Here in Florida they go for around $1000.

* I paid $550 for Cosmo at 4 weeks old. But I can attest that it is not easy handfeeding and raising a baby through weening and fledging. It requires a life altering time commitment. The added cost to get one fully weened and fledged is well worth it. I would not recommend buying an unweened bird to save money.

Edited by Mawnee

8 years ago (uk) I paid £650 for oz (met him at 8 weeks and he came to usat 18 weeks) and an additional £200 for huge cage, parrot proof water bottle, 20kg bag of seed, 4 toys, a textured concrete perch and textured swing, bell, large ladder, vits, cacivet and some food he was already on, He was from a trusted friend and the extra deal was excellent for set up, to be honest £650 is a drop in the ocean for the sheer pleasure you get from these 'pets'!

We paid $1400 for Leo (Timgo) and $1700 for Willow from the same pet store. We view it as a rescue on one hand, but on the other we hate giving money to those chain pet stores.

Yes we bought our CAG from a pet shop too but again it was more like a rescue! Our U2 we bought from the breeder direct although she was 3 times the price of our CAG. Our Vosmaeri Eclectus we bought from their previous owner.

CAG's here in SA are much cheaper than anywhere else, you are looking at £150-£400, £400 being pet shop prices, although you cang get from breeders for £100...all handreared.

Cockatoos are very expensive here though, around £1000 for a U2 in pet shops, a few hundred pounds cheaper privately.

We live in Southern NJ and we bought the CAG, large cage, toys, food, etc. as a package deal and the total was about $1,100 - they gave us a good deal because we bought a poodle, 2 bearded dragon lizards and this bird from them over the past 4 years.