NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello We Are New

:)Hello everyone,

We are new to this site as well as a new grey owner. My boys name is Quinn and he is 6 months old. I enjoy him so much. I have so many questions for you guys. I was delighted to see such a site for greys. I got Quinn when he was 12 weeks. he was abundance weened. Can someone tell me in depth what that means, I have a general idea but not fully. He has also starting nipping. How do I stop this. I have a conure who did this as well at Quinns age. Is this a stage? What do I need to do for this?

Thanks in advance, look foward to talking with you guys.

Eileen

Welcome, here's a thread I just posted a few days ago. Keep more food available for him then he'll ever eat . He'll get over this, it's normal, he's testing his limit's, seeing how much he can get away with. Give Quinn a little rope, but you must remain leader, he's a child, about 2 years old....Jayd http://www.greyforums.net/forums/showthread.php?189769-Abundent-Feeding!

Thank you for the link. Thats a good plan He is proven to be as stubborn as a Doberman. Oh he will know whos who in this house; my dogs ha ha. He is saying words but not clear kind of raspy when will his words be clear? I think he says goodboy clear once or twice. This site is great!

Eileen

Hello Eileen and welcome to our family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Quinn.

Don't worry about the nipping as all birds do that besides its just one way for them to explore and he is checking everything out right now so allow him a little leeway.

Please read thru the many threads here for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Quinn you would share with us we would appreciate it.

WOW, I was reading through all the posts and there is alot of info here for Quinn and myself. I can tell that its compassionate and caring posts even if its not always what we want to hear! Thanks for all the welcomes we recieved :cool: Today we remembered and celebrated the lives of veterens past outside as a family having lots of fun in the pool. Quinn and mango (conure) got to play on their playstand. What fun they had. I laughed so hard because Quinn is still adjusting to his HUGE feet LOL. Everytime he would get into trouble he would scream for momma, and of course I came to his aid. Mango looked at him as if to say " what are you yelling at just climb" I also discovered how much Quinn loves watermelon. :P Im having a blast. Ok now im going to try and attempt to put up some pictures. If I dont do this right please tell me. I am not a computer person and advise will not hurt my feelings, I promise. Also do I continue to post here or any forum? Do the photos go here or in the photo section? Sorry for all the questions, I will get the hang of this soon:o

I hope this works with the pictures, here goes.

IMG_0016..jpg

IMG_0027..jpg

IMG_0017..jpg

IMG_0030..jpg

IMG_0054..jpg

Yes they started off that way, however Mango decided to get fresh and nip Quinn. Now that didn't go over well at all with Quinn. So They tend to get nippy with each other. I have to watch them at all times. Just like my two sons who are 8 & 9, they fight fight fight. Are those pics your babies? They are awesome!