NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yoshi has flew off.. Shes in Glasgow Scotland

My friends grey has flown of outside his house.. Apparently a little gust of wind swept her up when she was trying to fly back to him... Her name is yoshi, and shes a congo african grey, shes four years old, and has a red and silver bangle around her ankle! She isn't chipped, and will be sooo scared without paul (her owner) i will post a picture here in the hope that anyone has saw her, or in the glasgow area could look out for her or parrot like noises... Poor wee thing isnt used to the outdoors :S:S:S:S

thanks, Michelle and Adanna

yoshi.jpg

Thanks all... i have reported her on the sspca and pdsa... An he will call all vets in i area the morro... I feel sooo sad for him... i know how i would feel if adanna went missing.... :(:( before anyone says it, i know he shoud have had a harness on her... ive told him before, but now doesnt seem the right time to say it to him :S:S:S x

Thanks all... i have reported her on the sspca and pdsa... An he will call all vets in i area the morro... I feel sooo sad for him... i know how i would feel if adanna went missing.... :(:( before anyone says it, i know he shoud have had a harness on her... ive told him before, but now doesnt seem the right time to say it to him :S:S:S x

I only hope he gets a second chance to learn that lesson. For Yoshi's sake. Do everything you can to find her.

I understand what you mean Michelle, now isn't the time to say it to him. I'm in the Borders and will certainly watch out for her - I'm not sure how far they are able to travel. Is she people friendly? Is she likely to go to someone who calls her and be easily caught? let your friend know we're thinking of him a praying for Yoshi's safe return.

Yoshi doesnt really like people that much, apart from paul and a few of his family members... hes just said to me that he will look again in the morning, i suggested he leave her cage outside with treats in it etc, but he doesnt seem to think it will work! if it was me, i wouldnt leave until i checked everywere :S:S:S hanks again all x

After a million calls to fire brigade etc...I eventually got someone to agree to try help... She was found this morning at the top of a 60 ft tree in a golf course... Poor wee thing was that scared she couldt even move.. Luckily she got spooked and flew onto a 2 storey house roof, and her owner was able to coax her down with a ho nob after about two hours! Lesson to be learned here i think... That is no matter how much you think your bird loves you, they get spooked easily... so i guess he will be using his harness from now on! Thanks for all the messages everyone! I was soo upset, cause yoshi is adanna's friend, and they have little play dates... couldnt sleep last night with worry! x

The best news possible, she was so very lucky. This is a great reminder to be cautious with our doors and windows and to not go outside with out a good safe harness that has been safety checked. Hopefully some one who lurks or a regular member will come away from this with a better understanding of quickly your bird can disappear, even with clipped wings. Thank full for the safe return.

He is taking her to get chipped next week, and possibly feathers clipped! x

Is this really the best thing to do? Do you realize the danger if you clip him, if a bird with clipped wing's get's out side, he can still fly. Leave his wings alone, work on ways to keep him from getting out side instead... Please read all the threads on "Clipped Wings" before doing it...

Jayd

Oh I am sorry to hear that Yoshi's owner has decided to clip her. And of course it is every owners right to protect their fids the way they see fit. I understand the fear the owner has that this might happen again. But the way to see that this was a one time occurrence is to be more diligent with securing the indoor space, not punish the grey for doing what is natural. When I first got my grey she was clipped and I was heartbroken each time she tried to fly and failed. It took over a year for new flight feathers to replace the old. Ana Grey is so much happier now that she can fly and she is a joy to watch fly through the house to me when I call. A flighted bird is absolutely beautiful and so very self-confident and happy! I wish your friend and Yoshi the best of life. I am so glad Yoshi is home safely.