NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

PlayStands

Hi Everyone;

It has been a while since my last visit. My job has kept me very busy. I have a new addition to the family. Marvin is 4 months old now. I got him at 3 months and been hand feeding him. Greys are the ultimate pet. I'm just sorry that I waited this long to have them.

I have begun to make my own playstands. They are all natural, made from Osage Orange branches. I strip the bark(only using freshly cut, live branches) Osage Orange is extremely pest resistant. Very few insects will bother a live branch. I have checked several sites and made sure that it is perfectly safe for my bird. The tree is closely related to the Mulberry and is extremely hard. My birds love them and the possibilities of differant configurations is only limited to ones imagination. I set the bases in 2.5 gallon plastic containers and then set with concrete. It makes them very stable but also very heavy. I am thinking of selling them and wanted to get some feedback from fellow bird lovers to see if it would be something that would be of interest. I have a file of pics that I can email if interested. Thanks for reading...Russ

Yes, would take the thought in consideration of possible purchasing. Please send me a pic in my email.STARSHINE852@aol.com.Thankyou. Don't have my grey home yet.Hopefully it will be done handfeeding and come homw quickly.

Good luck w/your creations there.

Hello, rsh3429, and welcome to the family, and welcome to Marvin. I am glad you joined and looking forward to hearing more about Marvin, your grey.

Yes I would be interested in your playstands, but if set in concrete won't that be expensive to ship them? I would like to look at them anyway so here is my email address judy13mw@msn.com

Thanks for the positive responce about the playstands. In my photo album Russell Haston there is a pic of the small playstand. There is another pic under dsc00073. It is the large playstand. I am currently building a website for the playstands. I will post a link as soon as it is done.

You're right, concrete would be cost inhibitive to ship. I would exclude the concrete. It can be purchased at any home improvement store. I use "quickset" There is also a variety where there is no mixing. Just add water and wait 12 hours for it to set. A 50 pound bag is perfect for the container. I use the plant stands with the rollers on them to move them around. thanks...Russ