NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

OH MY GOD. Pepper took off

Brittany

My Cocoa came out of the house twice but made no attempt to fly away. The 1st time was when I was misting her outside the house. After misting her, I cleaned the cage of the other fids. Cocoa managed to open her cage and sat on top of the cage watching me cleaning the other cage. Luckily my daughter came out on time to warn me.

The 2nd time, Cocoa was playing on the staircase and then she flew to metal grilled door. My wife was supposed to take care of her as I was out. The postman came and my wife went to the door to check. To her horror Cocoa was playing on the netting outside the door.

Lucky me Cocoa did not fly away on those 2 occasion.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...Britanny...I find it sweet how you sort of...rediscovered your love for your little fid. There is nothing like knowing what it is like to lose someone to really put things into perspective. Not that it wasn't there before...but it really magnifys it I am sure. Love your signature. I am repeatedly moved by the similar bond you have for your bird as I do for mine.<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/02/21 04:48

Brittany, I am so happy for Pepper to be back home with you. We were away for a few days and didn't have internet so by the time I started reading, she was already home. I am so sorry for the worry and for you feeling helpless and scared, but overjoyed at your happy ending. There are a lot of good people out there and the man who found Pepper and helped her get back home is a real angel. You may have felt like a mess but you were persistent and effective at working to find a way to reach Pepper and get her home again. It is wonderful to read a success story and know your love is with Pepper again.

Thanks everyone, again.

I am definitely more cautious.

I forgot to mention -- the day Pepper flew off and I was crying and yelling out for her...this lady told me she almost called the cops. She thought I was getting murdered. Lol, not funny at the time but now that I think about it...

Just shows how distraught I was!

Pepper has been home for exactly a week today and she seems back to normal, thankfully :silly:

Even just thinking about it...I have no idea how much so I would react...but I see myself climbing fences running in a frenzy and just trying to not let him out of my sight in order to save him. I understand...i would be an emotional wreck and life simply could not go on without my baby. I REALLY appreciate your feelings for Pepper..and I kept looking for the "found" post when you finally got her back...my heart sincerely went out for you and Pepper..cause I knew she needed you. All of our birds need us.

So Brittany...I am so extremely happy that you have Pepper back. I would have been in tears just watching you find her again. It made my Friday when I saw the news. Kiss Pepper...100 times a day...kiss the little soft feathers on her legs.

LOL...I am such a friggin bird nut...lmao.

By the way...I LOVE your little signature and the picture of Pepper.

0131002115.jpg

Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/02/27 06:55<br><br>Post edited by: Elvenking, at: 2010/02/27 06:57

0131002115.jpg

Hi Brittany,

I have been away from the forum for a while nad just saw this today...I'm sooo glad you found her...how scary that must have been...SO SO happy for you!

I was looking at your map...you live in chicks beach, right? I'm in va beach too...I was wondering what vet you use? I've only had Sephora since september and just moved back to hampton roads and dont know a good avian vet.

CONGRATS again:)

glitterysparkle wrote:

Hi Brittany,

I have been away from the forum for a while nad just saw this today...I'm sooo glad you found her...how scary that must have been...SO SO happy for you!

I was looking at your map...you live in chicks beach, right? I'm in va beach too...I was wondering what vet you use? I've only had Sephora since september and just moved back to hampton roads and dont know a good avian vet.

CONGRATS again:)

Yeah!! I'm right by chicks beach. I use Dr Morris

2013 Pleasure House Rd. Virginia Beach

I highly recommend them! That's so cool you live in the same area :)

& yeah I am sooooo happy that she is home again :laugh:<br><br>Post edited by: Brittany, at: 2010/02/28 04:01