NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My Grey

Toni

I don't know Dan I just gave up asking. They keep telling me one more week and it seems to go past that. My neighbor was at the pet store too and I told him I had a bird there andmy neighbor asked why the bird is there and Angie told him because Alcazar is being a booger about his last hand feeding. She alos told me to not get frustrated she said they had birds that up and stop feeding on it and start eating their food more. Im wondering if hes going to be a fussy eater. So hes good at one thing and not good in another. :S

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats, Toni, he said his first word, and at a young age too. I know it is frustrating to have to continue to wait but it will be over soon and you will have him home. Just hang in there and remember good things come to those who wait.

I also love your signature, and how true.:)

Mine has been doing my laugh sense he was at his weaning age. He now has a pretty large vocab of mimic sounds. He's about 5 months 2 weeks and he has started learning the Andy Griffith song. From what you are saying I bet he will be like mine and try to make all the sounds he can as soon as he can.

Congrats on the baby boy!

Guess what? Im went to go visit Alcazar. They said you pickin up your baby . I said no I have to take my son to his B' Day dinner and stopped by to see Alcazar. They told me he's ready to come home.Yeaaaaaaah. So I'm going to pick him up tomarrow. Can't wait. My b/f cant either cause I been grumpy alllll week and he been gettin neglected.Soooo :woohoo:

Yeaaaaah, Alcazar home. Now comes the week of worrying if Im doing the right things. He's puffy now and standing on one talon. I called my pet store they said its normal hes tired just keep him away from windows because of respitory infection. But I'm happy

Guest briansmum

aww toni im so happy for you :) you know the score, get those pics up!

if hes puffy and on one foot he's content, but yes keep him away from drafts.

keep us posted

Ok I bought Zupreem pellets because thats what hey had Alcazar. Their lot of colors.It says fruit blend. Obviously Alcazar must not like the purple ones.I find them on the bottom cage and out of his cage. I told him he has to like purple because its mommas fav color. He just whistled when I said that.haha. I'm going to order the Harrisons fine pellets then he cant toss colors out.

• 7 months later...

Congrats on your baby CAG...it's hard to determine how long it'll be before he starts to talk... some greys don't talk at all. I've got a baby grey now that's 6 months old and can already talk clearly which is highly unusual in my experience with them. My previous greys took between a year and a half to 2 years before they started talking. My theory is that the more you pay attention to them, the faster they'll progress.