NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Were Retiring...

Jayd

:) 2009 was quite a year, we fledged over 35 babies not counting our own, they comprised of a Hawk-head, Major Mitchell, Macaws, Umbies, Grey's, Amazons, Sun's, Half-Moon's, Green-Cheeked conures, Senegal's plus our own Grey, Amazon, 'Tiels, and Budgies. Last year we re-homed a few beautiful companions and took in some rescues and a re-home we kept. A few times a week, as we could, we help socialize young birds at a pet store, this was all volunteered, each one of you would do the same thing we know, nothing special.....

This year Maggie and I are going to retire, no more breeding and feeding. We'll help out with socializing young bird's, but no more rescue and re-homes. [spock here,BS] We'll advise and make phone call's, but were tired..Last year we lost some of our older birds and some babies, to many tears. So, we'll spend more time with our fid's and all of you, our friend's...:)

Jay and Maggie

Thats a lot of work but I know you and Maggie enjoyed every minute of it but its time to throw in the towel, you two have worked so hard and now it is time to settle back and enjoy the fids you have and of course we always enjoy your company here.

You two are good people, we need more like you.:)

Completely understand and kudos to you both for giving so much of your time to rearing chicks, taking in rescues and finding them all good loving homes.

It is rare to find people like you that get involved and help like you have.

I'll bet your FIDs will appreciate all the extra time and love you will be able to provide. We'll appreciate your great posts here too. :-)

Jay,

It's with mixed emotions I wish you happiness in your retirement. For all those you have already helped and for those who will need your help is my conflict, but I know in your heart of hearts that you have done all you can do. It takes a special person to do the amount of work that is required in caring for, rescuing and re-homing birds. You and Maggie deserve this. It does make me very happy to know that our forum will have more of your knowledge and companionship and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Robin

I think you've done your bit for nature Jay & Maggie and all of those birds have you to thank for their wellbeing. I'm worn out looking after one, so I commend you and take my hat off to you for doing this for so long.

Now's the time you have decided to kick back and enjoy your companion birds ~ take it easy, relax.......;)