NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

play a CD, Radio or TV/movie while you are away?

MrsBridenstine

I leave the radio on for Harvey - switching channels regularly - because I'm sure he's sick of Jordin Sparks as much as I am!!!!! Funnily enough he loves TV programmes when there's a lot going on and moving about - he seems to "watch" it - not sure if he's taking anything in though ;)

Toni wrote:

When I leave I put the football channel on for Alcazar.He lovesssssss football.He says;Are You Ready For Footballlll, Hooray, Hooray, Throw it throw it. He gets sooo excited for it :)

That's so cool! lol!

As a gee whiz, if you have iTunes, there's a birdsong radio channel :)

It freaked Cleo out so we don't use it but who knows; your fid may love it.

I leave the tv on for Whisper on a cartoon channel. I have it on a timer so she can rest in the afternoon. I can't tell if she cares one way or another. She has a vocabulary of over 150 phrases but not one of them came from radio or tv or any thing like that. It is entirely things I say to her.

I leave shakazulu's tv on Disney or Nick Jr when I am not home. He makes a lot of crazy cartoon sounds but I don't think I have ever heard him say anything from the tv. Well with the exception of wiggles wiggles wiggles lol from that show the wiggles. He was on that big time for a while. He loved yelling wiggles wiggles wiggles!! I did notice when I tried the news one day to see if he would learn any words instead of cartoon sounds, he was not in a good mood that night so I changed back to cartoons. He seems to prefer them hehe

I've read threads about this before - and I am really interested as to why a load of people choose the children's channels for their fids?

Do you put it on because we treat them like our human kids or is there another reason. I say this, because Harvey isn't next to the TV ~ so has a little radio tucked under his cage.

I'd be really interested to know why you choose the children's channels xx

JillyBeanz wrote:

I've read threads about this before - and I am really interested as to why a load of people choose the children's channels for their fids?

Do you put it on because we treat them like our human kids or is there another reason. I say this, because Harvey isn't next to the TV ~ so has a little radio tucked under his cage.

I'd be really interested to know why you choose the children's channels xx

I choose the children's channel for a couple of reasons.

1. They are usually upbeat, colorful and lively with music.

2. You don't have to worry about foul language.

• 2 weeks later...

danmcq wrote:

The TV is left on a channel such as animal planet when we are gone.

I don't let Alfie watch the animal planet in case she see's a parrot being eaten and has nightmares.

And we do usually pick one of the music channels like magic or o music - so we don't have to worry about swearing!

My babies get Nick or the Cartoon channel when I'm gone to class with a timer so they have quiet time as well. Dixie hasn't picked anything up from the tv and Beau is the only one who can actually see it, but he pays it no mind. It makes me feel better if there is some noise on in the house for the all of my babies - birds and dogs.