NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Why/How did you get your first grey

Tari

Ok I'm 44 now. We had a pet shop near us that just opened and everytime I walked home from school I stopped in on my way home from school, I was 13 then. They had this older African Grey there. He looked mean not pretty in color like the Toucan they had there and the Macaw so I just walked by it never paid attention to it. Until one day I went I walked by it said hello..Yea that caught my attention. The pet guy told me to pet him I did he was a very nice bird after all and not mean. Of course I fell in love with him but my parents didnt have the money to get me one. All my life I wanted one but didnt have the money and most of all the quality time for one.Being busy w/ my life and the daycare.But these past 5 years I really been noticing that Im more calmer in life and settled and now have the money. This past year alot more researching, joined a wonderful family oriented bird forum and became more interested and really wanting one.Voila now Im getting Alcazar. I cant wait to spend the rest of my life w/ him. I told my sons to have a grand baby for me because they will end up getting him when my calling comes. Until then he's mine ALLLLL MINE !!

Next poster what's your story ?