NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My oldest dog

Tari

As many of you know I have several pets. I love each and every one of them but some days I think I went over board. lol

Can you do that? Anyway this is Kiwi my oldest dog. She is about 16 years old.

She sleeps a lot and don't play as much but she is free of pain and still eats well.

Introducing Kiwi doing her favorite thing sleeping. lol Forumdog.jpg

Forumdog.jpg

I'm happy for you Tari. 16 years old is amazing for a dog. As I've said before, our dog died tragically last year. He was 14 1/2. This is sad for me, but even though he isn't the oldest dog, I'd like to post a photo of him. I hope no one minds.

IMG_1252.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2007/07/25 15:13

Thanks for sharing that Talon!

Our Dog's , Greys and other Pets Death, impacts us all, as much as a human family members death. :(

It is great to remember them and reflect on the time spent together. They will never be forgotten!!

Karma for you and a Hug!

Dan, I believe the oldest cat was 32 or 34 years old. I actually had to have my cat put down, she had problems, and suffered longer that she should of, I just couldn't let her go, but I finally realized she was not happy or comfortable any longer. It took a while to finally make that dreaded phone call, but in the end, she went peacefully here at home. :(

our reigning queen kat, fluffy, ruled the monkey house with a iron paw for 25 years. next up miss cozy for about 18. the grand old man, scratch, is nearing 20 with plenty of zip in his scrawny orange frame.

our old english sheepdog was a hooligan for 14 years. the vet asked what was our secret. the only thing i could come up with was her love of the neighbors' trash. not a very PC answer but i suspect it was truthful. she was the happiest lawless canine i ever met!

we're just a coupla old gray haired softies here at the monkey house. and big daddy the biggest softy of them all (don't believe him if he denies it either)

oh i guess i should clarify. we have no monkeys. i am a bad housekeeper is all. my bird friends are very confident that bringing a CAG into the monkey house will not at all adversely affect the current surroundings ha ha ha. they all told me "my birds are messy" then caught themselves and said "sandra you'll do just fine"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a animal lover period.I am owned by 5 Chihuahuas and

my oldest is Baby she is 14 years old.I've had her since

she was 10 1/2 weeks old.She's well cared for but over weight(who isn't)she's been on a special diet for quite

some time.Every morning I nudge her to make sure she's alive.One of my biggest fears is that I'll wake up and she'll be dead.I know I need to be realistic all things die I just can't handle death well.I also have 1 Cat and

20 birds.Call me crazy I don't care.They deserve the best.I've been rescuing and rehoming for over 10 years.

It would be nice if all our pets could live as long as we do, but they don't, especially the cats and dogs. I have lost many of both over the years and it never gets any easier to deal with but that is just the way it is. They bring so much joy into our lives, we just have to enjoy them for what time they have and move on when they depart. It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.