NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hmm

nealo

I agree with Dave. That cage is much too small for a grey! You will end up with a plucker if you confine him to such a small cage. Please read thru the many posts here regarding cages. You will see that bigger is always best! I have 6 cages in my house, and none of them are anywhere near that small. Even my parakeets have a bigger cage! B)

Oh, sorry, just found this after posting in your original thread about the cage - Dave's right Nealo - I the cage is advertised as being big enough for a grey - but when you get to see one they are far too small. Honestly, your grey's wings will reach out to each side of the cage.

nealo wrote:

how come everybody else on other forums aswell has said the cage is fine then!?!?

I don't care what people on other forums say, we say it is not big enough, they need room to be able to open their wings fully to flap and not touch the sides, the dimensions you gave is for a cage that is too small for a grey.

""""how come everybody else on other forums aswell has said the cage is fine then!?!? """""

That's because many people don't know what cm measurement actually is in US inches.

The style you picked was okay. It was just too small.

There is the same type model of cage in the next larger size. When buying a cage you need to think about future situations where your bird needs to be enclosed for long periods of time. That can happen unexpectedly.

This is the average size cage for a CAG--approx 32x28x60 inches. The grey pictured is a large sized grey which weighs 576 gms. I have 3 identical cages for my greys which includes 1 small TAG. All the cages are the same size. There's also variations in style.

Nothing is being said to upset you. People are only trying to steer you in the right direction.

10.jpg

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/11/19 23:18<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/11/19 23:44