NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New guy

Hello all!

First of all I want to excuse for my pretty poor english.

I'm a new member here, and I would like to introduce my self and of course my parrots.

Let's start off with me.. My name is Patrick, and i'm from Denmark. At the moment I study to become a teacher and in my spare time I spend alot time doing homework and of course haveing fun with my parrots. At the moment I got 4 African Grey parrots and their names are Amalie, Viktor, Gøja and Charlie. It's two couples... :) One of the best things they know is when I play music with a high volume, they are all danceing like I was paying them to do it... hehehe...

Thanks alot for your time, and sorry but I'm abit down with things like introduceing my self :)

Best Regards,

Patrick

Hello Patrick and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your greys.

Wow having four african greys must keep you very busy. You say these four are two couple, do you breed greys or are these pets?

You will have to tell us some more about each one, how long you have had them, their ages and such so we can get to know them better.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of your flock please share some with us.

Hehe thanks alot for the kind words:)

Yes i'm a very busy and happy man, and I love my parrots over anything else.

My first parrot is Amalie, she is 3 years old, and I had her since she was 4 months, she have a good time with one of the male parrots, his name is Viktor and he is soon 4 years old, I got him last August :) They are comeing along just fine, they are kissing but I can still come and cuddle them from time to time hehe... it could be fun (in the future) to see a few hatchlings from their part.

My other two parrots are Gøja and Charlie. I bought Gøja 2 and a half year ago, Gøja is 9 years and 8 months (soon 10) :) and she is a very talktive parrot, the best thing is to hang around my mother but she is a very "open" parrot, the whole family can actually cuddle with her, and she loves it! :) Charlie my last parrot is 12 years and I took him over after an old lady I knew for a long time, she died last year, and I decided to take good care of him since he already knew me abit :)

The best thing my parrots can eat is Pomegranate, it's a red apple-formed thing with small red juicy corns inside, and of course not to forget they love me :)

If these greys are pets I doubt very seriously if they will ever breed but hope springs eternal.

I can just see the results of four greys after they have eaten a pomegranate, your walls must look like a bloodbath has taken place.

Would you share some pictures of your flock with us?

Hehe... well it has never been my intention to breed on them, but to have fun with them and learn them new words or songs... We have learned them a few hehe.. Mostly danish songs.

It's not that bad actually regarding the pomegranate, as long as I clean the cage and wall on daily basis :)

I dont got any camera at the moment, but I hope I'll get one to my birthday at the 11th of December. But I will gladly share some of the pictures that I'll might get sooner or later :)

Best Regards,

Patrick<br><br>Post edited by: BaronToxic, at: 2009/11/11 17:02

Hi Patrick,

You have picked the best forum ever. Everybody on here are great people, very friendly and helpfull.

Your birds sound gorgeous, looking forward to seeing some pictures of them. I have got two african greys who both love pomegranite to. And as Judy says, they make a right old mess with it. I will post some photo's of them next time they have one

Anyway welcome to this wonderful forum

Julie

Hi Patrick - I have to giggle at your first line excusing yourself for your poor English - WHERE! Your English outweighs some English people (as does all of Scandanavia!!)

Four greys - wow - on top of wanting to be a teacher! You are one patient guy! Welcome to the forum - hope to see some pictures of your lovely babies xx