NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I can't believe this

Number6

Michael, that is so sad and I bet they are selling it because it is no longer beautiful to them without the feathers. How anyone could do that is beyond me. I only hope someone gets it that will give it a good home and the love and attention it obviously needs.

Thanks for calling our attention to this.:(

Not sure where exactly they are, but it's in my area. No $$ though. And I couldn't imagine the vet bills:(

They also say they have a much younger grey that they carry with them everywhere. Guess they want to just trade this one in:angry:

Guest briansmum

poor little thing. if it get so stressed out traveling then why on earth has it taken them so long to make the decision between travelling and their grey. seems like they've falled out of love with it because they have a new one that's "better"

:( I just want to save him...does someone live near the poor baby that could make them an offer? I don't even live in the US . If you got some good feather vitamins and put him on a good diet and misted him, kept him clean, stress free there likely would be no need for huge vet bills. Please someone save him:(

There are people in the dallas area on the "other" forum, maybe one of them could help. (CD knows who I'm talking about ;) )

The bird is in East Texas area. East of Dallas. Chances are.. it's within a 1 hour drive of me. If you look in my profile, I'm on the map

Post edited by: Number6, at: 2007/07/22 04:39<br><br>Post edited by: Number6, at: 2007/07/22 04:58

Guest Monique

Feather plucking is very common in greys. It says she was abused the first few years and then they apparently got her. Don't assume that they are what "caused" her plucking. Obviously they intended to include her in their lives and it has turned out their lifestyle doesn't work for her so they are working on finding her a new home. That is WONDERFUL of them .

Yes Monique, it is wonderful that they are looking for a good home for her. It's just sad to see that she has had such a rough time of it at such a young age. I only hope that her next home if her final, & most loving home she can have.:dry:

This is sad, as all have said.

I agree with Talon and Monique.

They probably bit off more than they could chew with there experience level and perhaps $$ to properly get this beautiful Grey re-feathered.

The photo collage seems to show that this Grey is more than happy to have human contact and even some snuggling at times. :-)

Personally, I hope this Grey is purchased by a loving family, rather than a rescue that would mean re-homing at least 2x more :(