NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Stolen from Hertfordshire

Debandbella

Hi, we have had our lovely African Grey stolen from us. He was kept in an aviary in the garden and on saturday (31st oct) either daytime or night he has disappeared. His name is Alfie and he often says 'Hello Alfie' in the voices of various family members. There is a slim possibility he escaped but we imagine this to be unlikely as it would have meant leaving both of the doors that lead into the aviary open. Also, if he had escaped we would expect the other parrot (small green) to have gone along with him. My mum is absolutley devastated, as we all are and sickened by the fact that someone would have had to know he was there as only by coming into the house/garden would you see the aviary. We are going to contact local pet shops etc. but any help that anyone can offer in possibly being able to find Alfie again will be greatly appreciated and rewarded.

We live in SE Hertfordshire

Many thanks

Cross posted

I am so sorry and angry that someone would sneak into your backyard and steal Alfie. To cover all bases, I would also contact all avian vets and put a newspaper ad in lost and found with a mention of a reward. Perhaps the thieves will see it and contact you for the reward. Contact your neighbors and find out if anyone saw anyone/car different or strange in the neighbor. I would still poster the neighborhood and local stores just in case someone heard or saw something/someone. I am so sorry. Don't give up hope. I pray Alfie will be safely and quickly returned home to you.