NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

We went to the Beach!

JillyBeanz

It was lovely here in the North East of England yesterday so we decided to harness Harvey up and go for a stroll to the beach. He's never been before so it was going to be a new experience for us all!

There were hundreds of seagulls (there's a fish and chip shop and people tend to feed them) and they worried Harvey a little (for about 10 seconds) and we went to take a seat for a rest. I could tell he wasn't quite sure of the situation - he stuck to my shoulder like super glue and nuzzled into my neck.

We then went for a walk and he was the star of the show (it's not common in the UK to be strolling along the beach with a parrot on your shoulder!!!)

Yes, I did get asked if he was a pigeon by three people - and the others all had parrot stories to tell too!!

I didn't get a photo of him - he just kept turning each time we tried! I'll get him next time though!

What......... no pictures, how dare you Jill..... I am shocked, you went to the beach and didn't get a pic, shame on you!!

Glad you have a beach to go to, I have to travel 6 hours minimum to get to our nearest beach, hope you will do it again soon and if you do and don't get some kind of picture I will.......well lets not go there!:whistle: :lol: :huh: :woohoo:

Isn't that Harvey just a dream boat, he took Jill to the beach! Glad it was a success. I am getting myself rehearsed for those pigeon comments. Indeed. Yes madam, he is indeed close to the pigeon species... hmmm... kind of like you and an orangutan.... no, on second glance... not THAT close actually. LOL.

Lol Jill, no it's not a common sight! We had Alfie out in seahouses earlier this year. I met a bunch of kids and they asked if that was a pigeon on my shoulder, and when I said no she's a parrot, one of them piped up, and this kid must have only be 7 or 8, (with a seahouses accent!) " A parrot? In Seahooses? That's not something you see every day!" It was so funny, it took me all my time not to drop on the spot, but when I got back and told David, we just creased!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the beach tho, where I live we're just a couple of feet from the beach and the seagulls mob us everytime I step out with Alf!

xx