NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Juno's first year

katana600

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all of you for joining me on the countdown. I will be sure to get someone to take pictures and post them the very day Juno gets here. My husband has some nerve for "kidding" that I am too impatient to wait for my birthday presents... I have been waiting almost eleven months for this one from last December. And I have been waiting and preparing since July 11th for my little guy to be ready to come call me his mama. I am starting my nesting... getting sprouts started, freezing some nutritious treats and will soon be able to count the days to his arrival on one hand!

I don't remember ever getting this excited at Christmas. This is one time that is sure to be a thrill every day, even with messes, even when it is hard, even when he gets moody. The only thing that has come close is preparing for the arrival of our children. Even then, I was aware that we would be together for some years and my job was to prepare them to leave for their place in the world. This is a moment in time as we start forever together.

The first decades of waiting were the easiest, I never thought it would be possible to get everyone in the family on board for the grey commitment. It seems like a really long time ago in July when I held a little chick and was told late October at best for delivery. I made sure to go out of town and get all my traveling out of my system for a while, but the final week is brutal. Just kidding of course, I know I've been ready a long time, but this little guy is coming and his whole world is changing in one day. As he leaves Ann and his brothers, I just want to keep them all. I have been sensible so far though.

Would you believe, I haven't talked to his surrogate mama to set an exact time when he is coming. That is soooo out of character for me. They have a seven hour drive and business to tend here, so I will be patient and when the time is right, he will be here. You know, it has to be hard to let these guys go after carefully tending their needs for five months. Yes, I am excited and a little nervous too that we have an uneventful transition. You will see the first pictures, I can hardly wait to get a picture of my boy to replace that avatar!<br><br>Post edited by: katana600, at: 2009/11/04 14:03

The next two days are going to be long and drawn out, so I invited a friend over for a pajama party quilt-a-thon. Will keep our hands busy and make the time fly by and our not-so-little guy will be here. Thanks for helping me keep a vigil of patience. Soon, very soon.

I got THE call! Juno is in town and within my grasp. His surrogate mom called to say they could come tonight late but if we wait until morning, it would be better for him to be settled from a long drive. So, tomorrow morning at 9 we are making the transition. As I looked at the nursery to post, it is up to one year of age and he is going to be halfway there in less than two weeks! We will have him home in the morning and will post his picture as soon as he is ready for it. This is for real, he is coming home.

WOOHOO! Little Juno has no idea the loving home he's about to go to! You must be so excited knowing your little one is so close!

I am thrilled for you and we are all anxiously awaiting those pictures and to hear about how your life has changed for the better! :D

Okay, I have lined his travel cage, packed a little welcome kit for him and put my camera in the bag to get first day pictures. Oh my goodness, this has been a long summer of waiting. It will be good to have him finally here... in just fourteen hours... but who is counting.

Oh Dee - you must feel like all your christmases are coming at once! And how nice that all your friends here are feeling the excitment with you! I have to admit, I half expected you to be online when I got in tonight - You not being able to sleep and all! But I guess you have to be up bright and early! So have a great day - we're all dying to see the first pics of your baby!

xx

How exciting! I am sure we all remember the period of waiting and the excitement of collecting our babies - these times are a moment to treasure - which I am sure that you will.

It's still very early morning for you over there in the states - but I bet you're up already!!!

Can't wait to see this much talked about little chappie!!! :)