NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

zupreem???

raleej337

anybody feeding their grey zupreem brand of pellets specially the fruitblend? what can you say about zupreem?

i've tried harrisons and roudybush but he doesn't like it. since i have zupreemwhich i feed my cockatiel i tried it and my grey ate it with gusto.

as usual, thanks in advance!

George is on Zupreem Fruitblend and he loves them ! we alternate between hating the purple one week and the yellow the next !! I have tried Harrisons but he will not entertain them ! I have also just transfered my Mums tiel into eating Zupreem Friutblend

I feed mine Zupreem mixed with TOPs pellets. It gives them a little choice in what they want to eat. Mine didn't care for the Zupreem Natural but like the fruit blend. I don't really like feeding them food with artifical colors but I think overall Zupreem is a good nutrious pellet to feed. Greys can be picky eaters and if you find a pellet they will eat I say go for it.

Simon our grey made his decision, he'll eat zupreem fruit blends. For the past 3 days since the switch he'll only eat zupreem and leave the roudybush in the bowl. I don't want to stress him by pushing the pellets he don't want to eat, so we'll settle for whatever he likes.

You can switch to another blend if you like, either offer the new one by itself or combine the new with what he is eating now and gradually increase the new and decrease the other until he is getting all new.

A lot of the members here feed Harrison's high potency pellets, that is the brand that most vets recommend and it is what my grey eats, she snacks on them all day.

I wish my grey eat Harrisons but he really doesn't want to. As long as he eats his pellets and looks his healthy then we'll stick to that diet, anyway he loves his vegies and fruits. I am not giving him any seeds yet, I'll wait till its maybe 6 months to a year before I will introduce the seeds to his diet again.

I have four bird and only two of them will eat the same diet....go figure. Both of the greys will eat their Harrison's without fail. They eat it all day and according to the manufacturer it is a complete diet, however, all fids get fresh fruit and veggies daily. Sterling will only eat Zupreem Fruit - and only in the following order: purple, green, yellow if he wants more and red/orange if he's desperate. Every morning and evening I'm throwing out the same colors - red and orange. If they would make it all purple or purple and green I'd be happy. I've tried to convert him to Harrison's - that's a big NO WAY JOSE! Blue prefers Zupreem naturals with dried peppers and fruit. He won't eat anything else either - and I've tried. So, I go to the bird store, purchase for each, and have a lovely glass canister collection of bird pellets. They do keep us on our toes.

PS - if you decide to feed your baby fresh beets be prepared for pink poo! Two of my four love them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, milo came to me weaned on to seed and as his bag is nearly finished i would like to transfer him to zupreem fruit pellets, i just wondered how much do you have to feed them and how long does a bag last? (i do feed fruit and veg egg and other stuff)

thanks

rayyan wrote:

hi everyone, milo came to me weaned on to seed and as his bag is nearly finished i would like to transfer him to zupreem fruit pellets, i just wondered how much do you have to feed them and how long does a bag last? (i do feed fruit and veg egg and other stuff)

thanks

my 4 month old CAG consumes 1/2 cup of zupreem (give or take) and it depends how much fruit or vegetables he eats. I put fresh batch of pellets every morning, no top offs.

wow thats alot seems like my Rudy eats Zupreme Naturals she won't touch any colored pellets finicky bird she is plus her fruits and veggies

I don't measure her food I just fill her bowl close to half way full but she doesn't eat it all in one day I usually change her pellets every 2 days

well my CAG really doesn't care about Harrisons, I've tried twice already and really no luck. I've just recently I switched from frutiblend to natural and got no problem with the switch. So for the past 5 days he's been eating the Zupreem natural plus his usual fruits and vegies.

peetey my tiel i give the parakeet/budgie fruit blend. he likes the smaller size kibble.

milly (mitred conure) and merlin (CAG) get the harvest feast or the spicy one with the dried peppers. i used to give them the fruit blend too which they like well enough but those look too much like fruit loops for my liking. but that's just me.

to be fair, i wish they offered a kibble-only product as my little outlaws do not go for the pumpkin seeds and dried peas and peppers and such and i (frugal soul that i am) dislike throwing the filler out each day.

but i just chalk it up to spoiling our little ones and only mutter a little bit under my breath.

i used to feed harrisons, but i was throwing out way too much for my liking. it is pretty boring looking stuff after all, as is the roudybush. i don't think i would like to eat beige food either. wonder if it has any flavor at all.

-s