NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

An Improvement!

cf737

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well!

I have an update coming on little Luna as soon as I get some pictures up on my computer, but this one is all for Darwin!

When Darwin hit about 20 weeks old, she began to severely dislike my boyfriend. He has a 15 year old DYH Amazon, Sammy, who was never my biggest fan either. However, she would at least tolerate me! Darwin was not good at "tolerating" my boyfriend. She would puff her feathers up, pin her eyes, and grind her beak aggressively. He did not take very well to this and the two of them have just stayed apart since April.

However! I have made some progress with Sammy, working with her outside of her room, and I think my boyfriend was inspired by that! Over the past two months he has continued to work with Darwin, and after a number of breakthroughs, she will now willingly step up onto him and get this - will give him a kiss! She gives me and my mum a thousand kisses a day and will now do exactly the same thing with him. I'm so proud of not only Darwin but my boyfriend for forming a nice bond, and I hope it continues to grow.

Just thought I'd share!

Cassandra

That is great to hear Cassandra and it just goes to show that with some determination and a little hard work a good relationship can be accomplished when it was thought to be impossible. We all know they pick their favorites but the others don't have to be left out.

Thanks for the update and maybe your post will be the push that others will heed and who knows how many other relationships will be helped by your advice.