NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

licking

jules1962

thankyou all for your feedback, some very useful answers. I don't know if my hands are sweaty. i usually wash them before i handle my birds, but i have thought about salt myself. As for it being sexual, could be. Casper is 2 on the 18th of this month. Can anybody tell me roughly what age they start getting feelings? He has started making funny noises and drooping his wings right down and showing his back, but only when i go to put him back in his cage. thanks Julie.

Rangi also does it to me and I have always thought he is just preening me, because he does it mainly at night so I always wash my hands as I know he will try and do it.

I have never thought it was sexual because he has Kea for the sexual stuff and I was just part of the flock that he preens sometimes.

Sexualy maturity is about 4-6 years, some can be younger at 3 years, but of course they all show bonding signs when they are younger as we all know from the dropped wings to the regurgitation.

• 2 weeks later...

jules1962 wrote:

Im not sure either, had lots of suggestions as you can see. Does your cag only do it in the evening like Casper?

actually everytime he is perching on my hand regardless of time of the day. i hope this is normal behavior but of course I don't want him doing this all the time, maybe i have to think of ways to modify this particular behavior.