NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Possible New Cage (HELP)

pga7602

I need your help in deciding a good home for Coral. I think as far as space, Coral is super happy. As for cleaning and maintaining the cage, I think the design of her current cage can have improvements. That said, here is the cage she is currently living in:

detailed_image_1471.jpg

What I want to get her is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150376202808&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Size is about the same, but with the new cage:

- It has a better finish

- It has a top play stand

- It has a seed skirt

- It has 5 feeding bowls with 3 doors attached to the cage.

Would these be good reasons to switch? Opinions needed. Thanks guys!<br><br>Post edited by: pga7602, at: 2009/10/04 23:28

raleej337 wrote:

hey we are looking at the same cage. i'm planning on buying the same cage by November of this year. if yhou decide to get that one, let me know how good the construction.

I bit the bullet and ordered it. Should be here by the end of this week!!!

I have that same cage for Kiwi and am pretty sure that I ordered it from that same guy. It is in black vein and your baby will really like it. It is big enough for everything you will need and the price is great compared to stores. I was really surprised when I got it cause I have low hope being that I ordered it fro ebay and didn't want to be disappointed. I was extrememly happy when it came! Hope you like it aswell, Lots of great deals on ebay;)

pga7602 wrote:

Thanks Judy. I think the biggest advantage of switching is the seed skirt. Coral is a really messy eater :D

And you think a seed skirt will help! Ha Ha! It might catch the seed - but carrot, broccoli, green beans, peas, spinach - they're a lot heavier and easier to throw past the seed skirt!

Oh my once lovely hall carpet........! :laugh:

What do you think about these cages ?

1.http://www.fop.it/site.asp?*p=100&fArticolo=50100030&fClasse=015

2.http://www.fop.it/site.asp?*p=100&fArticolo=50160030&fClasse=015

I'll look more in some other stores ,those are the first that look acceptable .

There's only one thing, frame is painted (as you can see in the picture) with some paint that feels rough ,"Blue LUX" as they call it , so i wonder if that could present some health threat? (but they do make cages for parrots , i guess they thought about it ?)<br><br>Post edited by: pixie, at: 2009/10/08 00:18

Well... the cage arrived last night. To my horror, the 2 boxes it came in were pretty torn up. I wanted a good nights rest before getting angry at the situation.

I don't know who to blame, but when I opened the package today, the seed skirt was totally destroyed. It was obvious, that the cage was not properly packed. There was no padding of any kind. Just metal on metal contained in a box. I was able to put the entire cage together, but lots of bolts and nuts were missing due to a poorly packed bag of hardware. When I opened the box, there were little tiny washers and nuts falling out.

I have since contacted the selling and notify him of his mistake. I asked that he kindly fixed these issues promptly or he will not get a good review from me.

That being said... the cage itself is PERFECT. It is well crafted and the finish is impeccable. If the seller can send me a new seed skirt and the missing hardware, both Coral and I will be a happy camper.

PICS TO COME WHEN SKIRT ARRIVES... FINGERS CROSSED...

Update:

I have not gotten a response from the seller, because this happen on a SAT and now it's Sunday. I hope he will get back to me by tomorrow evening at the latest. I couldn't stand waiting any longer, so I brought over a friend who works with metals and he came with some tools and made the seed skirt work!!! He also brought over nuts and bolts to use, so now the cage is all set. I've been letting coral in the cage here and there just to play. I want to keep doing this for at least another few days before i take down her current cage.

One more thing..... I LOVE CORAL :)

DIDN'T FORGET... PICS TO COME...

First off, hats off to the vendor on Ebay. She replied today apologizing for all that I've went through. She put in a rush order to get me a brand new seed skirt and all new hardware for Coral's cage. I can't wait to get this stuff and get it on her cage.

In the mean time, Coral is beginning to like the new cage a lot more than her old one. I left both doors open and Coral chose to go inside the new cage on her own. Ok... so i did put a treat to lure her in.. Never the less, I think tonight will be her last night in her old cage.

Wish me luck!<br><br>Post edited by: pga7602, at: 2009/10/13 03:29

lovethatgrey wrote:

It is my opinion that all seed skirts are a waste of money.{Feel-good-00020114}

I agree - I've removed all of the seed skirts from all of my cages (4). While they catch some of the food - most of it is thrown out away from the cage. The skirt keeps the wet stuff which gets trapped between the skirt bottom and the cage - impossible to clean properly - and I end up hitting my leg/shin on them when I move the cage to clean under/behind.

Otherwise - love the cage you've picked out for Coral. I'm glad she's adjusting to it and doing well. Great pick!