NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My BABY Joey is Gone...

ShonaRayJoe

I can hardly breathe and have hardly eaten since Thursday night. If anyone has ever lost their grey and had to deal with the pain of finding him...please share with me how to get through it?/?? I had to go to work the next day and I was like a zombie. I feel as if part of me died as well. I have other animals to care for and things to do...I don't want to sink further...but I don't think I've ever felt anything so painful in my life.

Peace

hope to hear from someone. TaMarah May

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I JUST READ THE STORIES OF THE OTHER BIRDS WHO ALSO PASSED SO I AM NOT ALONE. THAT IS SOME COMFORT. I HAD RESCUED JOEY OUT OF A SITUATION WHERE HE WAS STUCK IN A CAGE FOR YEARS. IN LESS THAN A YEAR HE GOT TO GO SHOPPING ALMOST A HUNDRED TIMES. HE GOT TO GO TO A FESTIVAL WITH OVER 200 PEOPLE AND HE GOT TO BE ON TV. EVERYONE WHO MET HIM LOVED HIM EVEN IF HE DIDN'T LOVE THEM BACK. HAHA. MAYBE THERE WAS A PRICE TO PAY FOR HIS FREEDOM BUT I KNOW WE COMMUNICATED LIKE ANY CHILD AND MOTHER. HE WAS VERY CLEAR ABOUT WHAT HE NEEDED AND I CAN'T STAND THE SILENCE IN THE HOUSE WITHOUT HIM. I CAN'T STAND TRYING TO NAP WITHOUT HIM TAKING A NAP BY MY HEAD AND KISSING ME WHEN I WOKE UP (THIS IS TRUEEEEEEEEE) I CAN'T STAND ANY OF IT. :( I JUST HOPE IT GETS BETTER BECAUSE I CAN HARDLY MOVE.

REST IN PEACE MY LOVE. MOMMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rest in peace

and feathers

my friend

for you were one

I'll cherish

until the end

I shudder to

think of

the cries you made

I can only think

of the dreams

we laid

kisses and bird smiles

noone else knew

that you stole my heart

true and true

I saw what was sadness

that noone could see

I offered you comfort

I let you be

Now you have left me

Now you are gone

I'm left with your memories

did I do something wrong?

could it be different

could it be fate

I thought you would be my

long lifetime mate

who needs a boyfriend

who needs a man

I had you beside me

We had a plan

Now you're departed

it's all by the way

why does life

change day after day?

I am sad and so sorry

I hope you are free

I just wish you could have

been there with me.

Just keep on talking

and making us laugh

you could have owned Petsmart

and been on their staff

You brought so much joy

wherever you went

after all the years

in the cage that you spent

I brought you to my house

to give you some light

you ended your life

in a terrible fight

I can only move on now

in your spirit of joy

and remember you as

the sweetest boy

go on dear Joey

go on and fly

I hate it but

I will bid you good bye

I hate this

I fight this

but I must let you go

I'm here if you need me

I hope this you know.

I'll miss you forever

ShonaRayJoe aka "Joey"

rip Mom 09/30/09

Post edited by: ShonaRayJoe, at: 2009/10/03 22:29<br><br>Post edited by: ShonaRayJoe, at: 2009/10/03 22:31

ShonaRayJoe, did your grey die, I thought from your first post that he was missing as you referred to finding him, but I may have misunderstood. I am so sorry if this is the case but the pain will lessen as time goes by, please accept my condolensces on your loss.

Shona, so sorry to hear this and you have my deepest sympathies. A few months ago I lost Zack, my 11 year old tiel. I had him since I was 10 years old and he was a friend and a part of the family, I sat holding him for an hour straight, leaning over him and by the time I brought him out to bury him he was soaked in my tears, our feathered companions are more than just pets and become part of our lives. Every day for 11 years Zack was there to greet me when I woke up in the morning, and going crazy chirping when he'd hear me open the front gate coming back from school every day without fail. Things do get easier but there's always a void there. Be happy in the knowledge that you gave him a great life in the time he had left and so much love and affection in the time the two of you shared together.

Again you have my condolences :(

Tom

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your Grey. At Least the last year of his life, he had you and a good life during that time.

It is very sad to hear he did not have longer with you and you with him.

If or when you can shed some light as to the cause, we would all like to hear it.

God Bless and prayers your way.

Lots of tears being shed for your Joey. I don't know what happened, but you gave him a chance at life that he didn't have before you had him. For that you should be very happy and be happy for all the good times you had together. Joey showed you what love is all about, and you showed him how to trust and love.

Now you had to all make me cry again...but that's ok...it's in understanding words that did it this time. Sorry for the confusion, when I meant he was gone, and left, I meant he passed away. I can't write what happened...it's just too horrid to put on paper in case I would have to read it again. I still have too many visions in my head and I feel so traumatized it's incredible.

In time I'm sure it will get better. I am so glad to receive the support here and someday I know I will want another bird ...he opened me up so much to the meaning of love...You are so right!!!! My walls came crashing down. In a long time, when all is well again, I will take what he taught me and pass it on.

I am greatful I told him everyday that I loved him and that he was the best bird in the world and that he made my life so bright.

thank you all

TaMarah

TaMarah, the loss will get easier to deal with in time and then maybe you can tell us what happened to Joey, I know it is very painful at the moment but imagine him flying freely over the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm sorry we made you cry again but it just shows the love you had for him and maybe one day when you feel better you can bring another bird into your life for you know how much love they can give, so accept my condolenses on your loss and take care.

So sorry to hear that. I know how it feels loosing a pet. I can still remember the feelings when I lost my dog 15 years ago. The pain will go away but missing them won't. But be strong, there are always good reasons why we have to suffer such losts.

TaMarch...I'm so sorry for your loss. I can say that I do understand how you feel as I lost my Bond about 2 1/2 months ago. It was my fault, I let her get loose and she was able to fly away. I searched for over 3 weeks for her but never heard anything. I knew I was the worst mom ever for letting her get away.

Like some had said it does get easier with time but I'm not sure how long it will take if ever to go away. I find myself still crying just thinking about how it was my fault.

People who don't have Grey's will never understand how you feel but know we all do understand the pain.

I don't know if anyone can understand but I felt so alone so my brother and sister in law went out and bought me a new Grey. She will never replace Bond in my heart, I still miss her so much. But they knew that I needed to give another Grey a beautiful life.

My new Grey is Blackberry and she was a bird that was surender, so I look at as we both needed each other. I feel very lucky to have her and a wonderful family who understands.

I hope this all makes some sense, really hard to type while crying.

Deby

OMG I'm so so very sorry for you loss I know how you are feeling. I too have felt the sting of losing my best friend. It took a long time for me to get over it and it will probubly never go away completly I take comfort in knowing I will see him again he's waiting just over rainbow bridge just like Joey is there waiting for you. Remember the fun you had together and don't grieve to long. Joey is at peace now and I'm very sure he wouldn't want to see you crying. I'm sure you will find another Grey to give your love too and although he/she will never replace Joey there will be a special bond of it own to share with you don't wait to long when I lost my friend I waited 10 years to get another bird and 30 years to get the same speices of bird that I lost. I know now that love heals many wounds So grieve for Joey and then get yourself a new bird and move on the love will always be there for joey and you'll have a new love to help the healing take place.you have my deepest heart felt condolenses

My heart goes out to you, Tamarah, in this period of grief. I recently went through two successive tragic losses and I am still coping. But gradually I am coming to terms with the loss and treasuring and recollecting all the good moments rather than grieving for something that can never be recovered. The grief can never go away completely but it has mellowed over a period of time by reminiscing about the good times.

Of course the loss is irreplaceable, but by the very fact of being irreplaceable it leaves memories and thoughts that are a treasure and that can be delved into again and again not to mourn over but to relive the happiness.

Whether you finally decide to share another grey's life or not is a personal decision that you have to make. But my thoughts are with you to help you to get over this very difficult time.

Thank you so much everyone. Your words have helped. I am still so sad and having trouble concentrating at work. I have alot of regret but wish to find peace as quickly as possible. The picture of Rishi with his mom reminded me of the time I took Joey to the beach. I can't bring myself to look at pictures or post new ones here or anywhere...It is still too painful. Hopefully time will help...I just miss him so much.

love

TaMarah