NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Rishi is very sick

ramsabi

Oh it is so lovely to hear from you - as you can see we've all been concerned! I can't believe you risked the border crossing. You are one fantastic pair of parronts - karma to you for such risks!

It's good to hear that Rishi is slowly, but surely starting to eat - it has to be a good sign.

Keep us updated - I am over the moon that you've received some help. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my I hope that it not PBFD and I'm praying with everything I have inside me that he will be ok. you are some parronts to risk everything to make sure Rishi got the best care possible. I probably would have done acactly the same thing in your place. Although I would have been shaking in my boots the whole way and praying my bird stayed as quiet as could be while I crossed the border. Please keep us updated on Rishi progress we are all worried about him as if he where our own sweet Grey.

Wow I clicked on your link to the hospital you took him to what a wonderful facility you really made sure Rishi got the best of the best. Do people actually keep all those kinds of animals for pets where you live lions and Cheetas and Baboons. If so thats incrediable the Falcons are sure beautiful. Where I live there is a huge community of Bald Eagles I can walk a block down my street and look up into just about every tree and see 3 to 6 Bald Eagles sitting in it they are so beautiful we also have a wide selection of Hawks but no one keeps them as pets We have many different types of birds here because I live right in the middle of a wild bird researve.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/09/29 16:25

Words are miserably inadequate to describe the overwhelming emotions and gratitude that my wife and I wish to express for all your care, concern, thoughts and prayers. If Rishi comes through this illness, we would attribute it to all your healing thoughts, prayers and concern. This is an absolutely amazing family and we are proud and grateful that we belong.

While we are truly grateful for all the praise and expressions of admiration, we really do not feel that we did anything extraordinary or something that most other members of this family would not do for their faithful and dependent companions.

Now for the update. I am cautiously optimistic that Rishi is on the road to recovery. We were force-feeding him till last night because of his refusal to eat. This morning when I made the mash and offered the syringe, he opened his beak by himself and I only needed to squeeze the plunger !!

And in the evening, he had the mash straight from the bowl and also started eating a little bit of the roughly powdered pellets that I had put in his bowl.

Till yesterday he was not making ANY sounds at all. But today he is whistling a little and saying his name. He is also preening himself and beginning to take care of his appearance.

The frequency of the water poop has reduced drastically.

We are now hopeful that he will be back to his normal self over the weekend (Thursday and Friday here in Oman) and by the time it is your weekeend, We are confident he will join us in thanking all of you.

Praise God!!!!

That is wonderful news!

Thank you for the update.

I think people are 'in admiration and praise' is that not anyone would risk going to jail by crossing the boarder... I know a lot of us here would...but you just don't hear about that all the time.

While we are truly grateful for all the praise and expressions of admiration, we really do not feel that we did anything extraordinary or something that most other members of this family would not do for their you.

You do yourself injustice! What you did was exceptional,I think beyond the expectations of anybody for their pet (even though we love them dearly).

What you did could have got you in an awful lot of trouble - but you were selfless in your care for baby Rishi.

Lots of Love from here in the UK - keep us posted ;)

hats off.. i am honored to be a part of the family that loves their pets so much!! if i were god, i would have given Rishi with another 50 years of healthy life just as a complement for his parronts' love towards him.. i hope the real gods feel the same.. my prayers are with you..

admin, i would like to give karma to ramsabi.. do i do it thro some magic click or would the admins do it??