NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Camilla's Announcement

Spinner

They are soooo adorable in your hands. I still check in on them every day. Sometimes I have seen them flat out just sleeping all sprawled out. Sometimes they cuddle close and are just precious. This has been a marvelous journey to watch them get to the size Juno was when we first held him. Thanks so much for sharing this to give us an appreciation of what you have gone through to raise them.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The chicks are growing beautifully - this shot was taken during their first play session on the floor.

Three_Chicks-Six_Weeks.jpg

They are 35, 37, and 40 days old, and weigh around 350g each. They are all healthy and have distinct personalities. As you can see from the photo, they do a fine job of wearing their food, and have wonderfully filled crops after they eat. The oldest tends to "dine" while the others grab for every bit of food offered.

We're having fun watching them develop. Anyone that comes through the area is welcomed to stop by to get your fill of adorable :laugh:

Would you just look at those little red tail feathers sprouting? Thanks for the update, sometimes lately the camera has been getting tipped over, LOL. I thought they were just getting wild in the nursery. I would just love to come visit the little darlings. Wouldn't it be great if they go to new homes and that person stays in touch with this forum to keep us updated as to watching them flourish.

Awwwwww, they are coming along wonderfully Dave. :-)

Last week I was having withdrawal symptoms due to the brooder camera not being available. I had gotten so used to logging in 4 or 5 times a day to watch them, that it became a habit.

Now, what are you going to so to fix this? :P

Thanks for the GreYt update photo.

During our daily floor playtime today, we introduced some toy parts for the chicks to play with. They charged the toys, each picking out their favorites for the day. I was quite surprised that they were coordinated enough to pick up the toys, as can be seen here.

Although I missed it with the camera, our dog came in and laid right next to the chicks. They are getting some great opportunities for developing their social skills :P

Chickie_One-01.jpg

Yeah, that's more food stuck on their little chests. They're little piggies at dinner time, and it doesn't come off until it dries really well.<br><br>Post edited by: Spinner, at: 2009/11/17 03:26

LOL @ Dan - I think I've taken care of the webcam availability. I mounted the cam permanently inside the brooder, and now I don't have to remember to put the cam back up on top when I'm done feeding. Memory doesn't work anymore, so mounting it so it's always there seems to work much better ;)

The real benefit is that it's a side view now instead of the top-down view. It's a much better angle to see their antics. Speaking of antics - they have really turned on the activity lately. They're bouncing around, trying to get out of the brooder box, and generally having a grand time.

Hope you all enjoy the cam - I am!

Dave - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

I am now getting my baby grey viewing fix and the shakes and delusions have almost stopped. :P

They are so cute. Oh, they are looking out of the brooder and eagerly awaiting your letting them out for the rest of the day anytime now. :P