NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Camilla's Announcement

Spinner

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanna say that the webcam is the coolest thing ever!! B) I've not had much experience with baby birds under 4 months old...Chimay was 4 months when he came home to us, and so was my mom's TAG that she had when I was in high school. So on a personal note, this is really has grabbed my attention!!!!

I know that the babies are hopefully going to start hatching at the beginning of October, and if they're going to hatch this weekend I HOPE they can hold out until Sunday!! Totally selfish of me I know...I have to make a day trip out of town on Saturday and already can't wait to log in and check out the webcam when I get home.

Eee!! Babies are so exciting!!!!!<br><br>Post edited by: chimaysmommy, at: 2009/09/30 01:06

I'm so excited about these eggs hatching. I just bought myself a new laptop so kept my old one hooked up so I can see when these eggs start to hatch I don't want to miss a thing so I have one computer to use and one that's hooked into the webcam I hope I don't miss any of it I'm so excited. Its going to be a big event Dave you better stock up on bubble gum cigars for the happy occasion<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/09/30 04:13

Gonzo and Camilla's first egg hatched in the evening last night! The chick is healthy and moving around.

Here's a screen cap from the web cam with both parents and the chick. If you can't make it out, the chick is at the bottom end of the feather right in front of Gonzo's beak. A larger view of the image is available at http://www.beakersaviary.com/images/d/d8/Camillas-First-Hatch-02.jpg

Camillas-First-Hatch-02.jpg

The hatching was exactly 28 days from when the first egg was laid.<br><br>Post edited by: Spinner, at: 2009/10/06 14:06

Thats exciting news, congratulations!!

I was just watching the webcam at the right time and momma grey went out for about 30 seconds exposing the view of the new chick huddled with the 3 eggs. Very cute. :-)

Thanks for making this forum a part of this!!

Im so excited !!

Congrats to you all

I love watching the webcam

Many Thanks for letting us view and taking part in all the excitement

:cheer:

WOW Im even happier now cause when i lokked again the nest was empty and got a really good view of the new hatchling !! Its so cute seeing it try to move and fall over the eggs ! :laugh:<br><br>Post edited by: Poppy, at: 2009/10/06 15:43

Dave, are you recording the video cam as it captures all this excitement in real time? I was watching last night and thought I saw a crack in the egg and then Camilla and Gonzo were much more active, coming and going but I didn't see the chick, just the empty shell when I got up this morning. It is spectacular to watch this pair diligently taking care of their nest. Thanks so much.

The second chick hatched late morning today and is healthy and moving around (as good as an uncoordinated chick can). It hatched about a day later than expected. If all goes normally, we should see number three in the next day or two.

Camilla has been moving the brood towards the boot of the nest box, often out of view of the cam in the top of the box. So, I'm working on setting up my wide-angle cam in the boot. Until I get the new input hardware, I've got it temporarily hooked up to Bonnie & Clyde's cam channel. One real advantage of this cam is that I adjusted the focus for a very short distance, showing everything in great detail. Blew the warranty sticker apart to do it, but the results are worth it. The downside is that the additional IR source of the cam tends to blow out the left of the image in the regular cam. Oh well, trade-offs.

As always, enjoy!<br><br>Post edited by: Spinner, at: 2009/10/08 18:57