NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Have a Question

cf737

Hello, I have a random question for you. ;)

I think it was on this forum that I heard about a woman that got a new GE Profile oven, used it to make food for her birds, and had a tragic incident. I read that she lost all of her birds after they ate what she had made for them in the oven.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything similar to this or has experienced it upon purchasing a new oven. My family is looking at getting a new one and I want to be sure it will be safe for the fids. If anyone has recently bought a new oven or knows of anyone that has please let me know so I can be sure that no fid will be harmed.

Thanks!

Cassandra

It is my understanding that a new oven or that type of appliance must have the toxins burned off before you use it. There should be a manufacturer's book with a new appliance with instructions on how to burn off factory toxins as well as proper venting instructions before using the oven/appliance. When you do this your birds should be preferably outside or in a very well ventilated area where the fumes cannot reach them.