NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Found African Grey Last Night

petrea

Someone is missing a grey, have you contacted area vets and pet stores to see if there is a poster about one missing, I can imagine the owner is frantic with worry looking for this bird. I hope the owner is found but in the meantime I assume you are taking good care of the bird.

Oh wow thats crazy how the bird flew right onto your daughters arm, you can tell he/she is very socialized. That is wonderful of you to come here to search for its owners. Make sure you ask questions if someone says its theirs, so its going to the right home, like what kind of things he/she says etc. Good luck!<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/09/03 23:37

I hope you find this sweet grey's parronts. If not, the effort you are using to try to find the rightful owners lets me know you have a very caring heart and will make a great caregiver as long as necessary. As for food, pellets for greys you can find in your local pet store and should always be available to the grey as well as water. In the Food Forum Room there are lists of foods that you can feed the grey and lists of foods that are a big no no. Good luck on finding the parronts.

Wow, I'll bet your daughter was shocked at having a Grey Parrot fly into her Arms. :-)

It's wonderful that you are trying to find the owner so diligently!

You may also want to check Craigs List http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search/pet?query=parrot&catAbbreviation=pet , Parrotalert911: http://www.911parrotalert.com/SearchDatabase.html in your area for reports of lost African Greys.

You can also post the parrot as "Found" on them.

There should be food in the Grey's cage at all times. It will either have been on a seed or pellet diet. Buy some medium size parrot pellets at the pet store such as Zupreem fruity blend, also buy a bag of seed mix for medium size parrot like Kaytee Fiesta blend. Try the pellets first and see if the bird eats them. If not, then place the seed mix in the cage as well. I'll bet that Grey is hungry!!

Please update us on the status of this Grey. We are a very caring community of Parrot lovers and will help all we can as you find the need to seek it. :-)

It's already been suggested but you can post it on craigslist.org and kijiji.com in the bird/pet section. Or the found section if there is one. If someone responds just make sure they are the rightful owners and make them describe the beautiful grey to you. I had lots of responses when I put up the lost conure that we had, unfortunately the real owner never responded. If you cant find the owner and don't want the grey after some time. I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and would be glad to take him or her in:) Good luck. It's great the grey flew to such a loving home and you are so concerned about it finding it's rightful owner.

Crazy Happy Ending! We called all the shelters & vets within 10 miles with no luck. Then I posted this awesome story on my face book page. One of my golfing buddies reminded me that we often hear birds on hole # 13 at our local club. I drove over and knocked on the door that I thought might be the house. BINGO - When I asked the family if they had lost a Parrot they were almost brought to tears. He escaped during a storm and had been in the trees behind their house for 4 days - He would not come down. Then he disappeared and started his 5 mile flight to my house. I am convinced that this smart animal sought out my daughter because he knew she would take care of him (which she did wonderfully for 2 days). Truly a story we will remember forever!! Thanks for everyone’s support and interest. I will let you guys know if Einstein ever shows up again!

Hooray to Petrea and her family for working so diligently to find the family missing their parrot. You should be given open visiting rights! Congratulations and all my heartfelt gratitude for not only welcoming and caring for the "stray" but for posting it for us. I am guessing that many of us on this forum are celebrating as if it were our own family made whole again.

Petrea, what a fantastic ending to this thread. I am so very happy that Einstein found your daughter and that you and your family worked so very hard to find Einstein's family. You are a friend that is always welcome here with or without a grey though I believe you might find one of your own very soon. Karma to you! I look forward to hearing from you again!