NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

R.I.P Little Baby Akima

JJsHoney

Tonight our little grey passed away, we got the call this evening to tell us that while playing around in the cage he fell from the top and broke his neck...We had just put him in the new cage Monday, Akima was 16 weeks old and 4 days and very full of life. We were fortunate enough to go up Monday to spend a few hours with our baby we got to see him fly and I was learning to finish hand feeding so we could take him home with us soon. He wasn't meant to come home in a make shift coffin, but in a carrier full of life and noise, but that is not how it worked, we brought him home finally but not to sit in his fully loaded cage which was set up with care or swing from the perches around the house, but instead he rests under a tree. This is the last video of him i took Monday to show how big and beautiful he had got in the last few weeks.. He will be very missed by his mom and dad. Even now this is a very difficult post to write but I needed to share the love we had for our tiny fid..

http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad332/jjshoney/?action=view&current=002.flv<br><br>Post edited by: JJsHoney, at: 2009/09/03 06:49

It is heartbreaking watching the video of little Akima, knowing that the little ball of sunshine is no longer with us. You will always have the memories of your little baby to cherish. I am so very sorry for your loss. I send big hugs your way.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their warm wishes. I am still a blubbering mess, but we packed the cage today and put him in his final resting spot, I went to visit my in-laws today and just soaked up the birdy smell and feel it was alittle sureal.. but thank you again!

so sorry for your loss of your sweet baby, I have a baby Timneh girl that is the exact same age and I would be totally heart broken if something was to happen to her ,what a tragic accident, at least u do have some fond memories of him and no one can replace them, take care and RIP baby Akima

• 2 weeks later...