NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

? on a Joe behavior

greymullet

About 30-minutes before bed time we are noticing that Joe gets an intense desire to be held. He walks to the end of his perch, lowers his head, and puts his wings out as if to fly (jump in this case) to me. (He has "flown" across the room to get to me a couple times already). Last night when I took him from his perch and put him on my lap, he pushed his head and body hard into my hand and basically buried himself under my arm. He was content like this up until I put him to bed. We were all petting his back during this period. Is this just some hold over from what the breeder would do prior to sleep or is this a natural behavior?

Thanks in advance.

It's pretty normal at night for them to want more attention in the way of cuddles. Rangi is nearly 3 and every night he perches on the couch behind me and when he is ready he walks down the couch to me and burrows his head under my chin and really pushes himself up against me for some cuddles. Kea also loves her cuddles at night and sits on my boyfriend chest.

We make this behaviour part of our good-night ritual. Everyone in the room gets some cuddle time with Beaker before he goes back to his cage for bed-time.

Look out if we don't do it! We're reminded the next morning that we failed to pay proper attention.

Darwin is almost 9 months and also does this...both around 4pm and then almost 6pm she will come over to me and bury her little head under my arm or neck. She also is very cuddly before bedtime and I think this is normal, especially for babies! :laugh: