NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Good uses for Greys.

Mistyparrot

I sometimes get an itch on the end of my nose.

I have found that Misty's beak makes a perfect nose itch scritch.

At last I have found a way for Misty to be a useful member of the familiy.

He has attempted to be my computer keyboard service engineer but he never finishes the job, he would just leave it in bits so I had to sack him.

Have others found any useful occupations for their Greys?

Steve n Misty

Well, besides being good keyboard recyclers. Which I solved by removing all the keys and just giving Dayo a box with all of the keys in it and purchasing a new one. This took all the fun out for him. ;-)

He is a very good "Tailor". What I mean by this, is if your into the Grunge fashion, he can perforate and fray your shirts and pants turning them into "One of a kind", "Designer" clothing. I am taking bids for these fashionable clothes now. So PM your bids to me. :P

OH, he is also good at turning the water off, right in the middle of trying to rinse my soapy hands off. Then wants to bite when I try to turn it back on without paying a ransom of a yummy Almond. :blink: :P

Beau is a parrot of many talons - sorry talents ;) he is a great manicurist and enjoys "tidying up" my nail cuticles and he likes to "trim" hubby's stubble :P he is also a good furniture upholsterer, he adds a nice holey pattern in the arms of the setee & armchair. He is quite modern in his design techniques though and it's not always to my taste :angry:

"He is a very good "Tailor". What I mean by this, is if your into the Grunge fashion, he can perforate and fray your shirts and pants turning them into "One of a kind", "Designer" clothing. I am taking bids for these fashionable clothes now."

That's classic Dan {Feel-good-0002006E}

You know those old shirts that you want to use as rags now (maybe because the bird put a hole in it). Well give them to your bird and let them take the buttons off and put a few more holes in them. Then the buttons don't get it the way with it's use as a rag and when you wash the rag there will be no chance of hanging it back in the closet as a shirt again because it will look like a rag.

Oh my gosh this just made my mother and I laugh our heads off. Thanks guys I really needed that :)

As for Darwin, I think she could be a professional floor and wall washer. She sometimes takes a bath in a large dish on the kitchen table and I end up cleaning the entire room afterwards - although who needs cleaning supplies when you have an African Grey to spray water everywhere for you?! :silly: