NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Spocks new Friend

Jayd

He's home, after vet check, we got him to his home...A quick break down, He's a 2 year old male who had his wings clipped (bad),we evened out the feathers as best we could, they won't be clipped again... His owner died or moved out of there house, the woman of the house and the grandchildren didn't like him, so they ignored him. They finally sold him to Carol at Feathered Friends (rescue).It's Lucky that he shared a place with other birds, it helped prepare him for our home.

To start, we moved his cage in next to Spocks, Talking to Spock all the time, then we brought in Spocks new room mate (sweat) Introduced him to everyone, Spock flew to the kitchen. In his caged he settled down and we left the door open, we try ed offering him treats but he ignored us.A short while later, he bowed down with his neck feathers raised, no eye,s pined, he let me scritch him, yea, he stepped up and I took him around the house, first to Spock, who got on my other hand. (interesting) Spock squatted down and turned his head to the side (like bowing) and let out a couple of bleeps! they were about 8 inchs apart, our new boy bob'ed his head a couple of times and Spock flew off....We put our new boy in his cage and he ate...Spock's doing great...

Later that night, he flew(?) to me on the couch, he was calm, again he put his head down to be scritched, his grip was so tight it hurt, he took a piece of almond from me and made his first sound, it sounded like "1 drop of water" that's all, it's cute...put him to bed. This morning when we got up you could see under his cover, he was eating, than started playing with a couple of toys, he looked at us and made that water drop sound. Something he doe's is it looks like he chews his toenails ?

We'll that's all for now, get back to you soon, it's wonderful him and Spock hit it off. We haven't named him yet.

Maggie

Picture006.jpgPicture005.jpgPicture002.jpgPicture008.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2009/07/29 16:28

Thank you, yes his past owner did a number on his wings, they really neglected the poor baby. Were thinking about calling him "Jim",Captain Kirk.

He craves attention, and I had Spock on one hand and picked up our new boy with the other, they sat together for over 10 min's...that's great:laugh:

B) When we picked Spock's name, it was to denote intelligences, we love Star Trek, Einstein was taken, so it was logical to pick Spock... Our Spock is more like the Spock in the new movie ! Our new Grey seems more conservative,We'll probably go with Jim :side:

Well I think Jim is a fine name he's a really nice looking Grey I must say. I'm glad that you decided to adopt him. How many birds do you have as actual pets that your keeping? Just curious. I'm adopting a Harlequin Macaw you can see a picture of him in the other birds room and read his story he's a rescue also.

;)A tear never hurt any one...you'll do great...We have 17 pet birds now, we sold 25 tiels for the rescue a couple of weeks ago, lutino's, white face, etc for $33.ea. We have 3 rescue were caring for at home, and 3 amazons we just finished weaning and 1 half moon,, there leaving tomorrow. So were down to 17 with Spock as flock leader...lol:woohoo:

These poor birds there are just way to many birds out there that need a wonderful home with all the love care and companionship they deserve because we humans have taken them from their natural environment and brought them into our homes because we think they are beautiful. well since we've done this then we have to take responsibility for all these birds that we have tamed because they can never be returned to the wild I think what you and Maggie do is a very wonderful thing. If I had the money I would open a rescue for unwanted parrots also. Since I don't have the money I do what I can within my means. I really should not take Harley but I just don't want him ending up in a revolving door of home after home after home as it is I will be his third owner that's enough for any bird.

Well there is 2 of you and like you say Spock is flock leader so that's 8 birds each and you both share Spock that's not a good number. I have 6 when Harley comes home and I also have my daughters Green cheeked conure at the moment because her room mate is really stressing the poor little guy out he's not a bird person and when sprout starts chirping and making birdy noises he hits his cage so my daughter told him he has to move but she had to give him a months notice so he has until Sept 1st so I have Sprouty until then which is fine with me he was my bird but he bonded with my daughter when she was still living at home so I let her take him when she moved she's here 3or4 times a week to visit so Sprout won't miss her to much.My birds are all fairly large and now I'm taking on a real big guy. No wonder my kids call me the crazy bird lady.:laugh: