NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Older Grey

Janfromboone

Tobie just had a birthday and he is two. I hear about the terrible twos and just talked to an owner who describes his 12 year old grey as not too friendly and doesn't like toys. I'd like to know what I have to look forward to with Tobie as he gets older - beyond the terrible twos and into his mature years. I know what a sweet and life loving, funny little guy he is now. How are the older greys - do they still like to play with toys and with owners? Do they still want attention from their owners?

Schroeder has a Facebook page (stop laughing) and he has a Facebook girlfriend (I mean it, stop laughing) His "girlfriend" is an 11 year old timneh (named gizzy grey if you wish to look her up) that is still very active and playful.....so I think you have at least 9 good years left j/k.

Well I did laugh and I thimk that is very cute what do these 2 facebook lovebirds talk about haha. Tyxo is 6 yrs old and she still loves her toys allot and loves attention and scritches I think it all depends on the Greys personality they are all different and just because 1 person has a Grey that is like that doesn't meaan they all are. I do know as they get older they will need more wood to chew on because that instinct gets stronger as they get older but I think lots of birds play into their late 20 and 30's.

I think it must have something to do with how they were raised. Dorian didn't get a lot of positive interaction with people when he was young, and he's just now finally learning that toys are for playing with, not just for banging against cage walls. So he's 5 and just starting to play. Since Tobie has had a good playful and affectionate childhood, my instinct is that should carry through, although the playing may slow down as he gets older, just like a human child.

Facebook, now I have heard everything, no way is Josey going on facebook, I won't have her carrying on with another grey like a little hussy.:laugh: :woohoo:

I would think it would have a lot to do with their own individual personality, I can imagine a lot of them will continue to enjoy playing long into the years.