NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Name Ditto is out Dayo is in!

danmcq

Hi All,

Since I posted the name "Ditto" I was considering, and received a few replies, WE decided on a more appropriate African Name.

My wife did not like "Ditto"... So the search began.

We decided his name will be Dayo, Meaning - joy arrives.

I can't wait until Saturday and we will start calling him that :cheer:

Thanks Tari,

Now I need to find that song...Day Yo, Daaaay eee Yo...

I would be cool if my Baby Cag could pick up that one phrase :P

I know, no promises on talking or sound affects, but I can dream :woohoo:

I think you made the right decision, Dayo is better than Ditto, but whatever the name you will still love him and you bring him home when? I know the wait can be unbearable but it will be here soon and I look forward to hearing the stories and seeing photos of Dayo.:)

Hi Judgygram,

Yes, the love is unconditional.

We don't get to bring Dayo home until the end of August or beginning of September :(

He will be 12 weeks old this Saturday and the Breeder will not (I agree) let any go until they are maintaining their weigh on their own and fledging.

But, WE GET TO VISIT!! :laugh:

The time will come rest assured, I remember waiting for mine and now I enjoy her immensely, don't know what I did without her.

You must have come on the forum fairly recently, I have been out for a few days on vacation and I don't recall seeing you before I left. If I haven't said it already, welcome to our family, we all love our greys and want to help each other and maybe get to know each other better because of them. This is a great bunch of people here, you won't find anything like it anywhere on the net. I am proud to belong to this family and I know you will enjoy it too.:)

Miltie and Tari - You can rest assured IF he picks up the "Theme Song" I will post it for all to see.

I suspect that will be 6 to 9 months down the road though, so now you will have to have patience, like I am :-)

Judygram - I joined about 2 weeks ago, but just really started posting this last week.

Thanks for the warm welcome to this Family :laugh:

Tari wrote:

Its called the Banana Boat Song

http://www.singalongwithme.com/banana/ here are the words. And the music.

http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=ca48698<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/07/04 00:48

Thanks for the link Tari!

That sent me on a mission to find the actual Harry Belafonte song and I found it:

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Holidays/Party/Day-O%20(The%20Banana%20Boat%20Song).wav

Now I can't get this song out of my head....

I'll probably be singing it at work next week when I am back from my present vacation this week :woohoo:

Guest briansmum

daylight come and me wan go home!! LOVE IT!

beautiful name too dan, well chosen, maybe you could tell your breeder and they can start calling him by his name :)