NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tree or Play Stands images

danmcq

islandgirltexas wrote:

1st..we are doing yard work..next thing I know..he walks in with this. why is it you send a man to do a chore..and he ends up doing something else? allowing my hubby in the garage for any length of time is like turning a kid loose in a candy store..hahaha

Hi Islandgirltexas,

I resemble that remark! :laugh:

He got SOMETHING done, right? :P

Pretty good for a first stab at it!

Hi Talon,

Do you have a photo of your Joshua tree stand?

I am starting to favor those at this point and understand each is unique.

In regards the spiral ropes, do they hang from the ceiling all the way to the floor? If not, does he simply fly to them, to get on them?

Boy, I am building a BIG list of stuff to buy for Dayo..spiral ropes, check. :woohoo:

Guest briansmum

some lovely stands on here! well done everyone, we must have some happy greys between us.

with regards to spiral ropes it depends what size you have as to how low they go, but they dont hang to the floor so your grey will fly to it.. or you can put him there LOL. i think you need to be careful how high you hang them too, we all know how greys get when they think they're allowed to be higher than you. i have mine hung on a long piece of rope so when he is stood at the top of the spiral i am still at eye leve.

Guest Lidia

xxbeccyxx wrote:

i think you need to be careful how high you hang them too, we all know how greys get when they think they're allowed to be higher than you.

Joshua can sit up almost at the ceiling on his tree, but this has never affected his behaviour. He actually tends to prefer to sit on lower branches where I can reach him or even lower down, like on the sofa beside me or on the lowest rung of the chair I sit on at my desk.

Guest briansmum

i can see from you picture talon that your rope is much bigger than mine, i realy do need a bigger one, brian loves to "swing" but the rope gets the better of him sometimes.

p.s i have the green rubber treat ball that you have hanging from your rope too! :laugh: (at least it looks like that is what you have)

I can just Picture Talon hanging upside down and playing. I saw a youtube video of one that was fighting a Ball suspended from a cotton cord about 18 inches long while it was standing on a cotton rope.

It would then duck the ball flying back at it after giving it a good whack with it's beak. Then flip upside down and whack another ball it lined up with in that direction. Then he would right himself again to attack the top ball :-)

I must say, once they gain their coordination, they are agile and FAST!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/04 17:06

Guest briansmum

oh yes they most deffinately are! and they really enjoy bullying their toys too. brian will get all mad, and hit something really hard to it purposefully hits him back! they're just wierd little things full stop. but thats why we love them :kiss: