NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tree or Play Stands images

danmcq

Hi All,

I am noticing several of your photos that I can see a partial view of your various Tree and Play Stands.

My Wife may kill Me :whistle: but, I would like to get a nice tree type stand for my new baby to play on when I get him home and he is coordinated enough.

Could any of you direct to some you personally have via links to where you purchased or even a picture of yours?

I want to purchase one that you all reccomend based upon the enjoyment your CAG or TAG gets out of it.

Hope my Wife doesn't read this, she's starting to get interested in the topics on this Forum too :S

Thanks<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/03 18:12

Guest briansmum

hi dan, i got a climbing frame instead of a tree or stand, you can buy a base for it too but i just have mine on a table. it has two perchy bits connected by ladders and a chain that i hang things on. the bottom is easy to wipe and as it is smooth brian enjoys "skating" around on it. you can see him playing on the top of it in the litte video i posted in the "my first video" thread. but here is a picture from further away. he loves it!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/rebeccameg/SS850294.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: xxbeccyxx, at: 2007/07/03 18:21

Hi Beccy,

Wow, that is nice and looks like something they could have loads of fun on!

This is the first I have seen of this type and size..Triple XL :lol:

Did you purchase it on line?

I loved the video you posted too, keep them coming!!

Thanks

Guest briansmum

yes i bought it from www.24parrot.com, and i think it was the biggest size, it deffinately stands out, i wouldn't reccomend one if you want something discreet that goes with the decor... then again if you care about your decor, don't get a grey :P LOL

i looked at loads of different stands and things i'm glad i opted for the climbing frame, he deffnately seems to have fun on it and now he's getting older he's even swinging from the chain now. plus it's non toxic wood, so it's chewable ;)

Hi Dan

Here are two pic of a playstand my Mom and I put together...I went online and found a few pictures of ones I liked and then went to work building it. I have to admit my Mom really did most of it. B) My TAG Bond loves it and spends all day on it when I'm home.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l164/racer5tl/?action=view&current=0519071252a.jpg

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l164/racer5tl/?action=view&current=0519071252.jpg

I made mine and as soon as the internet stops asking weird and let me load up photopucket Ill post a picture.

In the mean time this book IMO is a must have for all parrot owners.

parrot-Toys & Play Areas How to put some fun into you Parrot's Life.

It is a great book and has some digrams for making you own perch. Which is what I stated out with then designed my own.

Hi Beccy - Thanks for the information and link. That gives me a good idea on whats available. I will search it for sites here in the US. The UK would probably charge me more than it costs for shipping :-)

I appreciate this feedback!!

Hi BondsMom,

That is quite a play area and a great accomplish on your part in putting it together!! :lol:

The pictures are great and really give me good ideas to ponder.

Thanks for posting this!

I'm planning on building a play stand myself of some sort. I hold back though because I'm thinking of having a smaller upstairs cage which would likely have a playtop anyway.

I really like those Java play trees made by Kings Cages too. The price is right too for those!

Hi Geoff,

Java Tree stands are pretty nice too. I like the way each one is unique.

All these really fun things for our new Baby to have when He gets home, decisions, decisions, decisions... I want them all :woohoo:

I can see I am going to need to get my Wife involved on this decision or I could end up in the Cage myself :ohmy:

Thanks for the information!

Guest Lidia

Swinging.jpg

Mine is much more basic, my father made it for Joshua (yes, it's his Joshua Tree) out of an old piece of pine 2x2 and some mop handles. I have hung chains and bells off it and he loves it. He can fly or climb almost up to the ceiling.<br><br>Post edited by: Lidia, at: 2007/07/03 23:04

Swinging.jpg

Hi Lidia,

Wow, that is quite impressive and it looks like your CAG is LOVING it!!

It sounds like your Father is very handy at wood working.

Now if I can just get my Wife to see why I need a table saw, lathe, drill press and a router, I think I could build my own stuff :P

Thanks for the Post!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/03 23:09

Ok here it is. The birds dont use anything lower then the bowls so when I redo it Ill be removing those. Also plan to get me a tray/rubbermaid bin to have on the bottom for easier paper changing and stuff so it well be longer and narrower. Does that make sense? But the wraps worked out great and the toy placement has worked like a charm too. This one is 22 x 24 and cost around 50 bucks to make. Next one wont cost so much Ill reuse a lot of this one and wont waste so much pvc now that Im getting the hang of it.

Playstand003.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/07/03 23:25

Guest islandgirltexas

BondsMom wrote:

Hi Dan

Here are two pic of a playstand my Mom and I put together...I went online and found a few pictures of ones I liked and then went to work building it. I have to admit my Mom really did most of it. B) My TAG Bond loves it and spends all day on it when I'm home.

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l164/racer5tl/?action=view¤t=0519071252a.jpg

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l164/racer5tl/?action=view¤t=0519071252.jpg

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! HUBBY AND I ARE GOING TO BITE OFF YOU WITH A FEW ADDITIONS. WILL POST WHEN IT IS DONE.. bike14-79b05e4b327d7c50df274c50b881260a.jpg

bike14-79b05e4b327d7c50df274c50b881260a.jpg

Guest Lidia

danmcq wrote:

Now if I can just get my Wife to see why I need a table saw, lathe, drill press and a router, I think I could build my own stuff :P

Dan, I just want you to know your post made me splutter tea all over my front, I laughed out loud! Joshua's tree is just a vertical piece of wood with 'broomstick' perches stuck into it at intervals!

12_February_2005_016.jpg

But it's very sturdy and almost makes up for the fact that my father calls Joshua "Don't you think it's about time you got rid of that thing". Now he says it jokingly, but initially I think he meant it! Bit of a family joke, really.

Tari, your stand is amazing, and HUGE. If I had something that large, I'd have to move into a bigger flat. It's pretty impressive.

ps. Where he is sitting in this photo is where he gets his nails done. He stands on one foot while I file the nails of the other. What a good boy!<br><br>Post edited by: Lidia, at: 2007/07/03 23:36

12_February_2005_016.jpg

Lidia wrote:

danmcq wrote:

Dan, I just want you to know your post made me splutter tea all over my front, I laughed out loud!

OH MY GOD Lidia - Sorry for the unexpected humor :laugh:

Thanks for the pictures, they are great and I can see your Bird just loves it.

It may be made of simple items, but it looks VERY impressive!

Yes she is there all the time. He throws stuff on her and yes poops on her and she just lays there. lol She is getting up there in age and dont move a lot. She is 13 years old.

That cat you see is my feral pain in the .... To let out my birds I have to lock her up.

We have a java tree stand for Talon. But her most favorite is the squiggly spiral ropes that can hang from the ceiling. We have a few of them, and turn them in different directions. She loves to climb and hang all different ways with them. :side: :silly: :woohoo: