NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Chewing Newspaper and/or Flyers BAD??

myafricanqueen

I just need some advice on wether or not I can safely allow my fids to chew newspaper/flyers.

Some have said that it is ok but, I would REALLY appreciate more opinions.

My birds are drawn to it, and seem to want to shred it to bits, they dont eat it but I worry about it?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS...

I actually have a toy that I make out of newspaper for my birds to shread they absolutly love it and its very simple what you do is make a chain out of plastic shower curtain rings then roll up a whole newspaper and place it into the last ring you can do the same all the way up the chain then hang it in their cage they will have so much fun chewing the news paper just make sure that the ring fits tight around the middle of the paper so they can't pull it out its messy but great fun. That way they leave the paper on the bottom of the cage alone and you know they are getting clean paper to chew news paper is very safe.

Misty's preference is to shred any newspaper I am reading:lol:

However he will go for rolled up newspapers that I hang for him once I have convinced him my newspaper is not for him!

He has done this for years with no problems.

One very important thing though, make sure there are no staples that could hurt if swallowed!:ohmy:

Steve n Misty