NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Adayagave me a bit of a scare today

Tycos_mom

I was changing the papers in her cage today and normally I do this when shes out playing well today I thought well I'll just get it done it only takes a minute. well in that minute Adaya got scared and I looked up and she had her wing stuck through the bars of the cage and she was just hanging there. it scared me so bad It didn't take much to free her but now I'm worryed that it might happen again when Im not home the bar spacing is 1 inch and thats what all my birds have and its never been a problem. She loves her cage I don't really want too go get her a different one do you think it was just because she was scared this happened do you think it will happen again.

That is scary Pat. Adaya is young and sometimes they make mistakes like that. Dayo had his wing stuck once in the bottom grate and also once through the side from playing and not paying attention. His cage is 3/4 bar spacing. So even going smaller spacing will not help with just the right circumstances. It is scary when that happens, they get scared, then you get freaked out to try and help etc.

Wow Pat that was close.I am sure something almost the same happened to Charlie only I was not in at the time and he ended up in the vets ,x rays, the lot. He was on metacam for about 6 weeks .He was lucky and it was only soft tissue injury but for a while I thought it was broken.I am glad Adaya is ok,and hope it was a one off. Her cage is fantastic, I remember the photos.

I'm going to take it as just a freak accident and hope it never happens again it was just so stranger I think probubly she flapped her wings and her wing went through the bars and then when she closed her wing the bend in her wing was still through the bars so she couldn't pull it back through which left her hanging all I did to free her was open her wing. but If I wasn't there I don't know if she would be able to figure that out because she would be in a state of panic like yesterday It will probubly never happen again at least I hope not. I could get her another cage but there is no way I could find anything as nice or as big as the one she's got that I could afford and she loves her cage she an actually fly from one side to the other is so big. Theres no way I want to take that away from her.