NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

window frames

holdron

My Gray dusty has the spare room as an Avery he has been in there since Feb and been good as gold

but now he has started to chew the window frame

How can I stop this I don't want to shut him in his cage while I am not there

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated

Ron

There really is no way to stop him from doing this other than to cover the area so he can't get to it. As a grey gets older, their chewing desires become extremely intense. They'll chew on everything that they find attractive or interesting or easy to get to. You can try putting wood toys around him. Wood is a favorite. The wood should be hard so it lasts a while. You can also use plastic toys made for babies who constantly have them in their mouths. They're unbreakable. Wood is their favorite and it doesn't matter where it's located. If they can get to it, they'll chew it.

I have the same problem I have natural wood trim around all my windows and ceiling they only go for the window trimming so I figues since they aready started I'might as well let them go for it Its easy enough to replace.Its only one side and about 1 foot that they chewed Fergie did the window by her cage and Tyco did about the same to just one of the windows by her cage then both of them stopped and haven't done it since I guess its no fun if they are allowed so to replace 2 pieces of trim Is easy<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/06/09 00:32