NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Yahoo i got my new cocatoo today

Madhuri

Hey now it happened..

i have for a long time been thinking about getting one more parrot and today i picked up my new cocatoo.-. it is an Elenora ocatoo and she is 1 year old and just adorable., she is bigger than i imagined but fortunately i had a cage that fitted her though i want one that is a little bigger.,

i picked her up in north of jutland (denmark) and it was 2 1/2 hours drive up there ., she was very cuttley even from the start.

i had been a bit worried how Gaia would take it but so far she is doing great .,i havent had them out yet but will soon . - not together though .., at least in the beginning depending on what they say to each other .,

but im so happy and i can probably not sleep tonight loool :woohoo:

here is some picturs.,

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Congrats on your new bird she is very pretty, have you named her yet?

Cockatoos are not for everyone including me, they are too needy of a bird but they can make wonderful companions for the right people.

I look forward to hearing more about this new bird of yours and of course you are welcome to post more pictures, we love birdy pics.:P

Hey Judy and Luv .

her name is Sille.. im thinking maybe giving her another name but not sure yet .,have to come up with a good one ..lool so far she is sitting on top of my head.,she has a little trouble finding out where to land yet.,but that will come, . my little pug is very interested and fortunately she dont really care.. hehe but i keep an eye on both., but she is so mild and trusty.. i already love her.,

I looked at your art Madhuri, wow what lovely work!!!! I too have a pug, Lily, she is 8 years old. She is a fawn what is Miss Foxy, love the name. Lily's only interest in my birds is to come and bark at me if one of them happens to get down on the floor. I fear more what my Fids could do to my pug's beautiful eyes than what she could do to them.

hey luv ,

Thank you so much .,foxy is also fawn and i love that color.. she barks a bit when the birds fly around too wild .but she soon gets tired of it and goes to sleep .. just opening one eye now and then.,.lool . foxy is 2 years old and still very puppy like...

i do keep afirm eye on the dog and the birds when they are out cause foxy's nose sometimes comes very close and as you say .,i wouldnt forgive myself if something awfull happened.,

i have a picture where Sille and Foxy are eyeing each other but it is too bigin here and i dont know how to make it smaller. lool

Hey SHe .. she turned 1 year in martz.. they had told me she was hard to get back into the cage. and boy was she ., but eventually she went in by herself. lool but just as stubborn as me.

Luv.. thank you i will try and make that work ,,with photobucket

yes she is hand feed by the husband and he is normally the only one that can put her in the cage with no problems but i guess that is just a matter of training and that will come along the way .lool .i hope she is so lovely