NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

So smart!

Eckobird

I was watching Ecko in his cage the other day and I saw him do the smartest thing! He was trying to get to his foraging toy and he wanted it to be closer to him so he climb to the top where the toy was hanging and he slid the clip across the bars with his beak so he could play with it in reach. Then he went back on the perch and started eating it. Am I crazy or did he really do it for that purpose lol. He is so smart. Here he is a happy boy eating the foraging toy.

aea09d8c.jpg

697f19a1.jpg

Also I got him a new toy and a new perch last weekend. It was funny, when I first put him on the perch he turned his head to the side to take a look and then he saw the toy and started going at it. Lol he wasn't fazed by the new things in his cage.

SDC11154.jpg

SDC11153.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/06/05 17:22

I bought Josey that exact same toy and she still won't play with it, she is still afraid of it but I keep moving it closer so she will get used to it.

Ecko is a fine looking grey Caitlin, you must be doing something right, he does look healthy.

I have no doubt that he is very smart, thanks for sharing those pics with us.

Your not crazy thats exactly what Echo had planned they are really smart that way Adaya does that all the time when her toys get pushed to far away from the perch. Tyco just loves those vine balls I buy her 6 at a time at the dollar store 2.00 each she makes tooth picks out of them in 1 hour flat an what a mess oh well she has fun and thats all that counts.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/06/05 20:00

Thats awesome cait! Thanks for sharing the pics! You should make a video of his little noises he makes! He will talk in no time, I just know it! I havnt heard my Ecko say Hello anymore, :( Just like you said your Ecko said his name and then stopped, Why do they do this to us!?!? haha

Wow he's gorgeous! In comparison Cleo is rather ratty and scruffy looking, with some barbered feathers. I think it might have been her baby brothers and sisters that did the barbering,as I've not seen her do it since I've had her.

Wow he's gorgeous! In comparison Cleo is rather ratty and scruffy looking, with some barbered feathers. I think it might have been her baby brothers and sisters that did the barbering,as I've not seen her do it since I've had her.

Thank you Hannah! I did make a 20 mintue video of him making all kinds of noises! I am trying to edit it because its too long so hopefully I will get it up soon.

And thank you Azzie! I'm sure Cleo will have beautiful feathers in no time now that she is away from her brothers and sisters. :)