NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What does it mean?

Tigerlily

As the weather's been getting nicer, i've been taking tigerlily outside in my front garden in a cage.

When someone passes her and doesn't pay her any attention she'll lower her head, lift her wings slightly whilst shaking them and give a high picked whistle/shrill after them.

Is she warning them to go away or saying, "hey, look at me!"

she does this with me when i come home but bearing in mind that she hates strangers i was wondering if it is a call and display to get attention?

She wants the attention, she is saying "how dare you pass me by and not pay any attention to me, what, am I invisible, come back here and notice me"

You know already they don't like to be ignored so yes this is her way of letting them know she feels slighted, btw, how dare them not notice her, thats so rude.:lol: :blink: :laugh:

Misty does this sometimes when he is asking for something but he also does it

for no apparent reason.I think that in the same way Misty will often use words in context with obvious intent, at other times he will speak just to rehearse or play with sounds and words. As Greys also communicate with body language it makes sense for them to play with and rehearse postures as well. The point is with Greys not every utterance or posture has any intended meaning. It depends on the context. One thing is certain. Trying to get inside the mind of a Grey can at best be frustrating and could lead to insanity in the worst case! :woohoo:

Our 2C

Steve n Misty<br><br>Post edited by: Mistyparrot, at: 2009/06/05 18:16

I would say its her way of trying to get their attention when she's outside the people are far enough away so she doesn't feel threatened and i would say she wants them just to say hello or make some kind of look towards her so she knows she got the attention.