NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Moon.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just looked it up, looks ok, never seen one here in the UK but Dobs are great value for money as you get more apature for your money than any other design.

My dob cost 3,600 English pounds so you gota be keen for that outlay. :unsure:<br><br>Post edited by: Supernova, at: 2009/06/19 17:42

Tommorow night is looking good for more Moon pics, if it is better I will try to take some shots with my BIG scope for you all.

They will show the other side eg the sea of tranquillity where Neil Armstrong set foot.

It all depends on the cloud, so fingies crossed.

;):)

Well in the good old world of Astronomy the cloud has won again :evil: :(

The weather forcast has been saying clear spells but it is now 100% cover yet again.

Not to worry the moon will always be there and as the full moon approaches we may see it soon.

I am going to keep watch till about 10pm it is now 8pm

So still time but I doubt it. :angry: :blush:

Bernie.

IT is looking good tonight, so my pumpkin cannon is out now cooling off for tonights session so I will post the results later tonight, or tommorow depending on my fitness to stay up.

Bernie.<br><br>Post edited by: Supernova, at: 2009/06/29 17:41

Thanks all,

Toni, the Moon is 250,000 miles away on avg and if you could see through the scope it looks like you are flying over the surface, the pics on the computer loose a great deal of clarity and sharpness.

luvparrots, I will use a much greater mag with the next bach after full moon.

Judy Full, moon is awkard with a big scope because there is so much light magnified it makes my eyes go funny :blink: but I will try for you.

To get a good pic now aint easy because it is low down just near roof hight and in some daylight.

Just wait till winter :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am very glad you like them it makes it worth while:) :) :) :)

Bernie.

I just love your photo's I always sit on my deck at night as I live in a very rual area so you can see zillions of stars its so dark I love to wat the falling stars and meter showers its so differnt out in the wilderness compared to in the city. I wish I could see them through a telescope that would be soooo Awesome