NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

why does everybody think Adaya is a pigeon

Tycos_mom

When one of my neighbors first saw Koko, she asked if she was a pigeon too. Most of the people I met didn't know Koko is a parrot. They normally asked me "what kind of bird is that?" I would tell them it's a parrot. And some of them asked, would Koko change her colors when she grew up as parrots were colorful.:lol:

If you don't want to put stickers on a car's paint work, why not tape the sticker to the inside of the rear windscreen of the car? Have the text facing outwards (obviously lol) and just tape it in place.

I could have a feild day on that site Nick I love the sticker that says This car is protected by an African Grey Congo. And also the T-shirt that say's i'm all about my Africa Grey or somthing like that I definatly need something I'm really starting to get annoyed with all these people that think my gorgous perfect AGC is a Pigeon :sick: yuk:sick: yuk:sick: yuk I think Dans got the perfect solution I'll just have to teach her to say I'm an African Grey you Hairless Ape (love it)

:laugh: :woohoo: :laugh: :woohoo: :laugh: :woohoo:<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/06/04 21:53

Jooles - they aren't as lucky as us and see these wonderful pigeons each and every day (wonderful, I think not!) I don't know about the states, but obviously here in the UK we only have to throw a piece of bread and the pigeons are fighting with the seagulls! What a joy eh? My husband actually used to call our Cockatiel "the pigeon" when referring to him to our friends! Round here we refer to pigeons as "sky rats"! My Harvey deffo couldn't be described in those terms!!

A few days ago, while having an evening walk, we walked past a group of kids playing in front of their houses.

On seeing Koko, I heard one of them called out "Mommy, got chicken". LOL, do my grey looks like a chicken?:laugh:

I was taking a morning walk this morning. Koko was mimicking the calls of wild birds as we walked. It caught attention of an old man who was walking in front us. He asked if Koko was an eagle. At least eagle sounds better than chicken.:laugh: