NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

nut-nut?

Guest javacrypto

Guest javacrypto

When I got Bey he would ask for a "nut". One day I gave him 2 almonds instead of just one, and ever since then, he asks for a "nut-nut". That in itself is pretty smart I suppose...

Every night Bey is out with me from about 9:30 until at least 11 and sometimes as late as midnight. When I take him back to his cage, he gets an almond. Then I give everybirdy fresh food and water, tell them "night, night" one at a time, and turn out the lights.

Night before last, he stretched, looked at me, and said, "Let's go nut-nut."

He added the "let's go" part of it himself :). I thought it might be a fluke...but last night, after about an hour out here, he said "Let's go nut-nut.

Guest javacrypto

LOL!! I love that he learned that phrase after one time, they sure know how to pick 'em don't they?

Pete leaves for work at 9:30 in the evening, and Bey gets to come out again for his before-bed cuddle time which we both look forward to. Starting at about 9:00, without fail, Bey starts yelling, "Dad gotta go to WORK!"

Sometimes he says it in a really sad voice, as if it the most unfortunate thing that could happen...sometimes he says it like he's really excited, and sometimes it's like he's demanding that dad go to work - but it's very rare that he says it at any other time of day, and usually then only if he sees

"dad" coming or going somewhere. Then, after Bey comes back out here, I ask him, "Where's dad?" and he says, "Work!" without repeating the whole phrase...showing that he understands the context of the word at least.

I wanna hear more stories, I'm lovin' these!

Guest javacrypto

Oh we'd all believe you, they are indeed amazing! :) I love reading about the way they put our language together to suit the circumstance! And those silly imaginary telephone conversations...I chuckle all day long!

Guest Miandruil

Cyndr puts a lot of different sounds and words together to get his point across. He calls me by name especially when I first go downstairs in the morning or come home from being out for a while. If I let him out of his cage right away he calls "Lynn" and I answer "what"? He makes a kissing sound. If I don't let him out right away he calls "Lynn" and I answer "what" and he makes a raspberry sound and laughs. If I say Daddy's coming home he barks and whines like my dogs do and leans over on his cage to get a better look out the window at the driveway. When I clean up his droppings from the plastic mat under the door of his cage he says "ya little shit" which is something I said "one" time when he wouldn't step up to go in his cage for me. None of these things were ever said to him in the way he puts them together. He just decided to put these together I think to get great laughs out of "Mom" and make her day.

Guest Miandruil

Oh my! I was afraid to post my stories about Cyndr putting phrases/words together. Didn't think anyone would believe me! Aren't they just the most amazing little sweeties?