NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage advice

Raphael

Almost all of their cages are made for smaller birds than CAGs. The bar spacing is to small. CAGs have large feet and could hurt themselves. I would think that you need a heavier duty cage made with thicker bars and it should be the size that can comfortably hold CAGs and Amazons and small cockatoos If possible, a flat roof is better for a CAG and many come with a permanent playstand attached to the top

10.jpg

Is the san remo a no then? I desperately need to upgrade what I have at the moment, it was a temporary thing and the san remo looked very good because I understand that they need to be at least 3ft wide.<br><br>Post edited by: Raphael, at: 2009/05/31 00:09

You can check all of their models and see if you can find one that's about 58 inches high by 33 inches wide and 28 inches deep or even bigger. It should have thick bars and powder coated so if you find one then get it. The bars spacing should be about 3/4 inches. The one above is that approx measurement and it's a standard cage fot the greys and other birds I mentioned.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/05/31 00:34

Im not after the san remo in specific if there is something else around but its a bit harder since im in the UK maybe. I have been looking through ebay and all the high ones seem to be maybe only 70-75cm wide.

Go to Ebay UK

Type in BIRD CAGES

Press BUY IT NOW

Go to Page 3

scroll down about 75% and look for the heading below

Canterbury Parrot Pearl Grey Bird Cage free extras!

Guaranteed Best Quality Free Delivery !!!!

It's the perfect sized cage for a grey. It has everything you need. It's heavy duty, powder coated, strong bars, playstand on top.

No bidding

The only thing I can't tell you about is the price. I'm not familar with pounds<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/05/31 00:49

Go back there

Press BUY IT NOW

go to page 14

look for this

JUBILEE HUGE SILVER DOME TOP CAGE.BIRD.91½x71x167½.NEW

The cage is extra large and is also good, strong and has all the requirements neded plus it's also very functional

Ok, I am now back on track and looking since our parrot flew away yesterday and was very luckily returned by somebody who had found it today. It escaped through the cage which was one of the reasons I was looking for a new one. The cage is now fully secured. I stumbled across this one and wanted to know your opinion: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jersey-Parrot-Bird-Cage-Antique-Grey-Free-Extras_W0QQitemZ190310638858QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Birds?hash=item2c4f65e50a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50<br><br>Post edited by: Raphael, at: 2009/06/01 20:06

Thats a pretty good size its minumum requirements for your Grey I'm sure he will just love it and so will you especily if he cane escape the one he's got and actually fly away that must have been a terrible ordeal I bet you where just franic I know I would be.