NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

this is why I never bring my purse up the stairs

doubletefarm

Because my computer is up here, and if my purse is here I have my wallet and can order things!!!!!

I just ordered three different goldenfeast varieties, roudybush pellets, red palm oil, and TOYS!!!

I went to the Nalani toys website and ordered several (5?) toys, as well as some foot toys which I'm not sure will do me any good since Sydney doesn't have a play stand yet, nor would he use one I suspect. (Since I wouldn't be able to get him to it, and he seems quite scared of natural wood perches, so that presents a problem since I want the manzanita one, and that's the type his prior owner had!)

I'm so excited! The toys will take probably two weeks to get here, so I'm a little sad for that, but can't wait to see them! Sydney is really good about accepting colorful toys, so I can't wait for him to see what I got him!

Yeah I get all excited when I get Whisper new toys too only to see her run away when she sees them, convinced they are some kind of bird killer. It takes weeks for her to accept something new. I have not been able to change out the perches in her cage for better ones because when I do she won't go in there.:blink:

You can put foot toys in the cage. Just mount an extra food bowl int he cage and fill it with toys. A lot will get thrown on the floor, some will get played with and theen you get the extra pleasure of picking up the mess at the end of playtime and letting your bird start with the merrymaking all over again.

Ahhh... good idea on the foot toys. Thanks!

I can't wait for everything to get here! Some of the toys look like he'll have fun. He has a favorite toy that I want to switch out thinking he must be bored of it. But by the daily screaming and attacking fest that he has with that particular toy I'm assuming he's not bored yet!

The only toys I've found him to be afraid of are the natural colored ones. Most of the bright ones with moving pieces he is too interested in to ignore. So here's hoping!

Nalani toys has a stainless toy basked that I hung without the lid from the side of my cage and I put foot toys and wooden chew blocks and wiffle balls off the bottom of Tobies cage in the toy box in the morning when I clean Tobies cage. Of course the next morning most of them are back on the floor of the cage.