NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Local Nail Trimmer in PA.

ubecrew610

Does any one know of anybody who can do nail trimming near Quakertown Pa. zip is 18951 if you want to google it.I live in Eastern PA and would like to find someone local so i dont have to move my CAG. If anyone know anyone let me know thanks!

Hello Ubecrew610, welcome to the forum :) I am happy you joined us!

Being situated on the other side of the world for you, I have only been able to come up with this address, which - as it seems does answer your question. Please let us know if it helped ;)

My girlfriend, told me when I handle my bird I should gently let her get used to an emery board. Gently passing in over the sharp part of his beak and a feet. I have tried it and you have to do it often but saves on the nail cutting dramas later....

Guest Lidia

Joshua lets me file his nails with an emery board. It took a while to get it so it became a quick job, but now he holds his feet out for me to do it and it takes a few seconds. I've never liked clipping since a vet clipped too much about ten years ago and he bled for AGES. Scared me stupid.

Anyway, if your grey has a high place to perch on, you can stand under him and encourage him to give you a foot and try the emery board on his nails. It's easiest to take his foot from behind rather than in front (can be bitten that way if he gets bored).

It's worth persevering with because when the bird becomes used to it, it is FREE, it is easy and it is painless and stress-free for all parties concerned.

Are you having trouble getting your grey into a travel cage, Ubecrew610? I have not had that trouble and mine goes into it and she knows she is going somewhere, I take her to work occasionally. You need to try to get her used to it, make it fun, offer her a treat or something she likes real well. Don't use it only for vet visits, she will associate it with that and will not want to go in.

ubecrew610 wrote:

What address? thanks for the help! I just dont want to have to move her around. It really freaks her out, so i was hoping to find someone to do a house call. Thanks

AAAhhhh I hide my links under the words, not always very clever when those words don't show up in a different color. Anyway the address I gave you is hidden under the word 'this' in my previous posting. click on it twice and it will bring you to an address you can take your birdie to ;)

Ubecrew6

Like Judy says, get very excited when you put her in a travel cage, and give lots of praise. She will start to realize it's okay. Talon willingly goes into her travel cage, because she now knows after only once or twice that she gets to go out. She loves the car, so its easy for us. :)