NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Do your cats get along with your greys?

Eckobird

For those of you who have cats and greys living in the same house I was wondering, do your cats get along with your greys as good as mine do?? My two cats get along with Ecko so good, its scary!

Mia could are less about Ecko, he flies and lands on her all the time, chases her, bites her tail and ears and she doesn't even flinch. I feel like he tries to provoke her to do something, he wants a reaction from her but she doesn't give it to him, haha its funny!

c381ff10.jpg

Misty on the other is terrified of Ecko, especially when he flies over her. She runs away scared. But when Ecko has a toy Misty always wants to play with him. And they actually play with each other. Ecko was dragging the string of beads and Misty was swatting at the beads. Its very cute to watch. Also the other day Ecko stole my pen that has a lazer at the end and Misty goes crazy when she sees that lazer. He was biting on the button to shine it and she was chasing it.

untitled-2.jpg

Is this normal?? Do your cats get along with your grey?? Could you trust your cat with your grey?

Maybe I got lucky...:P

I would be very careful one out of place scratch with that cats claws and its bye-bye birdy even if it was an accident with the cat trying to swat at the beads and got your bird instead. I won't even have a cat since I got my big birds.

My mom chose to get our cats declawed when she took them to get spayed and neutered. They are inside cats and they would always ruin her furniture so she wanted it done. Actually Misty isn't declawed because she is my baby and lives with me but Mia is because she use to live there. Our outside cats aren't declawed but they are definitely fixed!

My cat is an outdoor and at my moms. But I wouldn't trust him anywhere near my Partner. He still has his claws and he hunts mice and birds on the daily so I would find it safe to assume they wouldn't get along with each other lol

-Nick-

Yea they are very good at ruining furnature If I had an inside cat I'd probubly do the same thing but I'd never bring a cat into my house with My birds so I never have to worry. My dogs on the other hand get along great with my birds My Shith-zu plys mama to Adaya and guards her when shes on the floor so noone steps on her. Its very cute

Ahh, you mean like mine Caitlin?

My two cats are old girls now, they are both 18 years old and spend most of their days sleeping but the damage they manage to do:evil:

I had a new carpet fit in the hall way and on the stairs, they have ruined it! Same with the sofa!

Its a good job I dont want a show house with all these destructive pets lol:laugh:

WOW! 18 years old and they still manage to destroy things? I had a 16 year old cat and she could hardly move, she lost her site and then she was deaf and she was so pitiful we had to put her to sleep. She was my first cat and I was devastated :( I bet they are your babies and you still love them even if they destroy your house lol.

I wouldnt trust my cats with Indy...they're DYING to play with him. I don't think they would intentionally hurt him, but I would never trust them out together. On the flip side, I don't really trust Indy with them either. He would love to take a bite out of a kitty, and tries if they get too close to his cage!

I was thinking the same thing too Caitlin well we have a cat and he LOVES me dearly BUT the babies are here and he is NOT declawed I have considered it though. I would hate to come home and he's in here with the babies. I also heard about cat saliva too and pls BECAREFUL about that too.

There are currently 5 cats in my house, 3 of mine and 2 of my mom's. At least a couple of them are generally around when Jenna is out of her cage. Although I would never leave her out unsupervised with the cats around, none of them has ever shown any particular interest in her - of course, they WERE used to another parrot, I had an eclectus for 15 years before he died unexpectedly. So I don't worry about them, per se, but I would not be foolish enough to test that and leave her alone with them either.