NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

MEMORIAL FOR OUR SOLDIERS FOR JULY 4TH

Guest islandgirltexas

Guest islandgirltexas

AS MOST OF YOU KNOW...4TH OF JULY IS UPON US AGAIN. HERE IS A LINK THAT MAYBE SOME OF YOU HAVE SEEN AND SOME OF YOU HAVE NOT..BUT IT IS A TRIBUTE AS TO WHY WE ARE FIGHTING AND THE SACRIFICE OUR BOYS ARE MAKING. LEST WE NEVER FORGET....HOPE YA'LL HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE 4TH OF JULY...AND REMEMBER THOSE IMMORTAL WORDS...

HE WHO GOES FOURTH ON THE FOURTH WITH A FIFTH, WILL NOT GO FOURTH ON THE FIFTH!!!

http://gunstuff.com/america-attacked.html usacale91.gif

usacale91.gif

This will be a sticky until July 5th. Then we go on with our lives looking forward. At this moment I think a those heroes deserve to be remembered on top of this forum. On every forum, actually...

My contribution, a photo taken in 2005 - written above a bus-depot - by the busdrivers of Tel-Aviv:

and this, which popped into my head straight after watching the link Islandgirltexas placed hereabove:

People... usa1.jpg

not very clear I see :blush: just click on the word 'people' ;)<br><br>Post edited by: FairY, at: 2007/06/30 08:42

usa1.jpg

Tomorrow guys!

What will you all be doing on the 4th of July?

It really is Independence Day and not Memorial Day of course, but do the soldiers/veterans get remembered in services around the U.S.?

Know what Fairy.. I really don't feel like there is much said about our soldiers... Then again, this country has gotten so liberal lately much of the talk about our soldiers is negative.. and that is so incredibly sad and mis-guided I could cry..

To think that there are people out there that actually think that if you appease the enemy they will just leave you alone is very sad and dangerous..

There is EVIL in the hearts of man. This is what many don't understand.. It's not Live and Let Live in the minds of man.. It's Live and Let DIE...

I should join you Fairy in your political forums. I have LOTS to say on this topic..

Well, that's sad, CeasarsDad. I mean this. The remembrance and respect for people (soldiers) who give their lives for other people to live in safety and freedom should be held high above all other things... :(

Right on Fairy, I couldn't have said it better, these men and women deserve no less than our respect and admiration for the job they are doing. So we remember them tomorrow for it is the 4th of July but don't forget them the rest of the year, some will give their lives for the cause and we should never forget it.

Very nice graphic, Deborah, you continue to amaze me.

I found this (click here) b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l site of remembrance... and would like to add:

source: By Stacie Ann Brumley (May 10, 2005)

To the man

Who left his family in God's hands

To go overseas

To fight for another's peace

And

To the lady

Who left home without her babies

To stand beside the man

Fighting in a foreign land

All I can do is thank you

All I can say is thank you

All I can do is honor you

With so few words of gratitude

To the man

Who lost his life fighting

For another

He never even knew

To the lady

Who lost her life trying

To protect

Others children and mothers too

All I can say is thank you

All I can do is honor you

With so few words of gratitude

You have done

What so many others will not do

You have served

Us all and I thank you

I thank you for the sacrifice

Sand in your shoes

Sand in your eyes

Fear in your hearts of bravery

I said a little prayer

For each life that we have lost

I said a little prayer

That we remember the very cost

Of sending such brave souls

To fight a war for peace

I said a little prayer that God

Will bless your families

I said a little prayer

That you will return home safe

I said a little prayer

That you will return home sane

I said a little prayer

That you'll return in one piece

I said a little prayer

That you will know relief

Thank you men and women

Thank you for your life

That you have laid down for others

That we will remember the price

And future generations

Will find a better way

I said a little prayer

For each of you today

Thanks FairY for that poem, it brings tears to my eyes reading it but it is right on the mark. How appropriate for the day and every day for that matter. Thanks for sharing it with us and may you have a wonderful day, but I think it is over for you now, already Thursday.

{Holidays-0002010F}

Thank you Judy and Talon :)

I live in Israel as you know, so the 4th of July we don't celebrate, because we have Israeli holidays that we celebrate :)

It's just that I have an indefinite respect and special affectuation for soldiers, "yours" or "mine", because without most people realizing it, they are offering the absolute sacrifice for us.

This thread will become unsticky tomorrow :)