NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dumb Question About Cedar

rbpittman

I've read and read and looked and looked and keep finding differing opinions about different woods that are safe for the CAG's. I have all safe approved toys for Dixie, but my husband put up a cedar arbor for her swing to hang on - and she's determined to climb on it. We redirect her attention when she decides she wants to chew on the wood, but I don't like having to remove her from her swing or stop her exploring. We have tried using small pie tins to keep her from getting to the wood itself, but she has discovered that her strong beak can go right through them. Does anyone have any suggestions for other types of "blocking" devices that could be fashioned to keep her from getting to the wood itself. I would hate to remove her swing from her window, she loves to sit there watch the world.

My avatar shows her sitting on her swing, in her arbor!<br><br>Post edited by: rbpittman, at: 2009/05/25 19:36

on the rope or chain use a 12 inch long 2inches pvc tube with caps screw eye hooks into the caps and attach the chain or rope to either end the pvc is to slippery and hard to grip works well for protecting your ceiling as well as stopping her from reaching thins she isn't allowed to.