NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

what to feed m grey?

Madhuri

hey i have a timneh grey .i got her August last year and the guy i bought her from have been feeding her IGP seeds.

i continued that and also feed my little amazone the same .. unfortunatly died from fungus.. and i got scared that my TAG would be sick too but she wasnt so i desided to change to pellets ., but she just dont like then.. i feed them to her with aloe vera over and she loves the aloe vera but just suck it off the pellets .. she weihgts 433gram and i think she feels a bit skinny on her chest bone . when the zmazon died i too Gaia to the vet to make sure she wasnt sick too but she is very heathy..

but a bit too thin .,

anyone with same problem .. or have any advise as to what i can do in thís situation?

Hi, I feed mine a combination of things. I feed pellets as their main diet so they can get the proper nutrition and as many vegetables that I can get them to eat. I also feed them some seeds, nuts and fruits. Please check the other topics in the bird food room and you will find tons of information on what a good diet is and the foods to avoid.

All you can do is keep feeding them and eventually she will when she gets hungry you should also be feeding her fresh fruits and veggetables of all kinds with the pellets you can make up a birdy bread and crush the pellet and put them in or mabie cook some different kinds of beans like kidney,lina,black eyed peas chick peas their are so many just buy the 12 bean mix of dried beans soak over night then cook them well add some frozen veggies some pellets and some brown cooked rice and your bird will love it. birds love warm foods its comfort food for them also try cooked squash sweetpotatos turnips carrots all of these cooked and mashed your bird may like My birds Love mashed potatos they are good for breaking up just a few pellets and thowing them in with them also a nice scrambled egg once a week is good and mabie grate a little cheese once a week for extra calcium. . If you can get your bird to eat this stuff you won't have to worry any more about weather or not he's eating right.

Baxters Mom gave you GreYt advice to go review the foods room.

It's hard to imagine a 433g TAG as "Thin". That is much heavier than most TAG's on average weigh with the largest weighing in at around 400 maximum. YOu must have a very big boned TAG. :-)

If you do need to continue seed and nut mixtures, purchase high quality such as Kaytee Fiesta Blend or other top quality brand. You will need to slowly wean your TAG off of an ALL seed diet to Pellets, veggies and a little fruit along with mixes you can cook up yourself with legumes, rich, oatgraots, pasta etc.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss of the Zon.

tycos-mom.

i have written down what you have written also you Danmcq.. and yes she weights 433 the vet said she looked skinny so i got very worried.,but im glad you said that is high for an tac. i have only met cag and i dont have anything to compare with ., and the vet might not loool ., so i just need to change her food and not her weight ???.. i have never had a grey before . so pretty new with them and when i bought Gaia i have never head of a tag ., lool

Hey tycos mom.,

i tried the thing with just give her pellets and she is very stubborn and didnt eat for two days at all besides the littel nuts i gave her on the side , so that worried me too . . because i was affraid she would get sick in the end if she didnt eat,.,llooll she is a VERY PICKY little lady .,

• 3 months later...

How long do you leave the fruits and veggies out in the bowl? It should be removed within 2 or 3 hours maximum to prevent your birdie from eating spoiled produce.

I've had a lot of success in introducing Chimay to new veggies or fruit by putting it on a kabob/skewer. It tricks him into thinking it is a toy ;) I do agree that weaning your TAG onto a pellet/fruit/veggie diet would be a greYt idea, and there is a lot of really good advice and recepies on the Bird Food room. When you tried out the pellets did you completely remove all seed and only provide pellets? If so it's not too surprising that your birdie didn't want anything to do with it. Too drastic. Mix the two together, at first providing a mixture of more seed than pellets, then over time reduce the number of seed and increase the number of pellets.

Post edited by: chimaysmommy, at: 2009/08/30 16:01

<br><br>Post edited by: chimaysmommy, at: 2009/08/30 16:07